We had created a CoolRunner drop-point shipping method for Virtuemart which supports shipments with DAO, PDK and GLS. You can use any Virtuemart plugin to calculate your shipment costs and our CoolRunner solution will display links to select an address, or it will preselect the default closest droppoint for the configured methods. The plugin is distributed with One Page Checkout bundle and can be installed from OPC Extension tab within the backend.
Quick installation guide:
- install from OPC Extensions tab (mod_coolrunner, rupostel_coolrunner, opc_template_positions - optional)
- enable rupostel_coolrunner shipment plugin in Joomla manager, IMPORTANT: do not add it to Virtuemart plugins, this step is not required
- configure you normal shipment methods - you can use any shipment methods such as rules shipping or weight countries or our range shipping - any shipment method using standard html code is supported
- write down the IDs of the virtuemart shipment methods for which you would like to associate the droppoint links and types (GLS, DAO, PDK)
- proceed to a module configuration in Joomla and add a new module coolrunner
- the configuration of this module is the most important part of the installation:
- VIRTUEMART SHIPMENT METHOD IDS: at the Advanced tab of the module configuration assign the IDs of the Virtumart shipment methods to which you would like to associate the Link "choose a droppoint" and the displayed address:
and this is where we got the IDs 20, 21, 22 at the right column:
If you still cannot see the link at your checkout you may want to try to publish the module at standard footer positions that you can be sure that gets displayed. If you are using a non-standard shipping method we may need to create a small customization to get it shown properly at your checkout.