We've developed a new Joomla and Virtuemart extension which enables you to search your products the Google way. For demo please visit http://testvm.rupostel.sk/ and see RuposTel VirtueMart Ajax Search with input box "Product Search" at the left modules (this is VM1 on Joomla 1.5 site). For VM2 site, and ajax search in component mode, search for "saw" within http://vm2.rupostel.com/vm2010 Since March 2015, the search works also in no-ajax mode.
This extension is provided as is, with no additional support unless agreed otherwise. The extension is provided "as is" and includes a hidden back link to our site. Please don't remove the link if you like this extension and want to support us. These are the features:
- ajax results can be styled with own code
- Creates and shows own thumbs for products (GD Required)
- Caches the result of the search thus making it much faster
- Supports SEO extensions
- uses your Virtuemart's language files - no translation is necessary
- installs and uninstalls cleanly with joomla installer
Download here for Virtuemart 1.1.x and Joomla 1.5
Download here for Virtuemart 2.x and Joomla 2.5 (and Joomla 1.5)
Updated 27.12.2012 (fixed VM 2.0.16 compatiblity issue)
Note 2: If you updated virtuemart to above 2.0.14, you also have to update this module as well with the link below, or delete your virtuemart's /components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php which causes issues with extensions that were built for both versions of virtuemart.
The PRO version of this extension is available only via our official download section for OPC Subscribers.
http://www.rupostel.com/mod_vm_ajax_search_for_vm2.zip (free version - only ajax drop down works here, no joomla 3 support)
Both versions of the module include a backlink to our site. If you need 1 hour support for this extension in matters of functionality, design or customization, please purchase 50 euro of additional services and let us know.
[NEW] Mar 2015 - Release of Ajax Search Pro for Virtuemart 2.0.x and Virtuemart 3.0.x
PRO Version versus FREE version
- can be fully styled including the results, it uses standard joomla overrides for it's styles
- the results are much more relevant - much higher quality of the results, especially due to searching word variations
- new non-ajax mode for sites that require the largest speed possible
- new "more" button can be added to the results set
- it can use either your VM's category theme, K2 theme, or it's own theme within joomla overrides
- shows top 500 keywords, so you can customize your product descriptions in case the customers do not find what you sell
- added a new options: "debug - to be able to style the ajax pop-ups" and "search products only in stock"
We had released a PRO version of Ajax Search for OPC subscribers which can be downloaded from our download area.
New in 2015
Ajax search pro now supports component ajax search mode or drop down search mode. There are lot's of minor fixes in the PRO version. It can use it's own product listing template, or Virtuemart's category template.
How to use Ajax Search Pro
1. Install the package which will install a component and a module into your joomla 2.5.x
2. How to set up "ajax component mode": Check your theme's position where you would like to show the results of the search the same way as your virtuemart categories are shown. You may use Google Chrome console to find out an ID or a class of an element where the html will be auto inserted
3. In the example above we located an id "wrapper2" which suits the results section the best
4. Proceed to the module configuration "RuposTel Ajax Search Pro" and configure the component settings here:
4. Enable the module whereever needed (even outside virtuemart pages) and see the results as shown at our customer at www.municak.sk
5. To hide the left or right columns, set proper settings per right and left column area within the module configuration
- This module uses it's own caching per search string
- Each search is stored in stats table
- It does not and will not support page listing, but rather the user should specify better search string to match less products
- The number of results can be configured within the module
- The checkbox shown within the search is used to ask for "search descriptions as well" which slows down the query several times. (configured via Optional search parameters)
- Styling is done per random selected virtuemart category -> if you are using various styles per category, let us know
- create pre-cached results per most searched strings via a cron job
- add drop down search option where the results can be styled with joomla overrides
Please use our forum or send us an email in case you needed help.
How to get Ajax Search Pro
Since June 2015 we do not provide standalone installer package and we rather bundle all of our extensions under single OPC subscription and single installer.
1. Download OPC (one page checout) from our download section
2. Install OPC (large upload support is needed)
3. Install from OPC Extension tab (com_rupsearch and mod_virtuemart_ajax_search_pro) as shown at this image:
RuposTel.com Dev Team