Alert messages even when no form is sent

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Alert messages even when no form is sent

Postby patbe60 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:57 pm

When I put an article in the cart and then go to the OPC site every thing is okay. But when I go to another menu before filling out the ship to and bill to form and then come back to the OPC site I get warning alerts like "Missing value for E-Mail", "Missing value for First Name" and so on though I have not yet filled in any form.

It happens also when I refresh the page.

Is there any solution?

Regards
Patrik

Joomla 4.2.5
OPC 2.0.431
VM 4.0.7.10732
patbe60

Re: Alert messages even when no form is sent

Postby admin » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:54 pm

hello Patrik, on OPC pages these VM core generated messages are supressed by default, unless "error_redirect=X" is found within the URL.

i would need to learn on how to reproduce this issue exactly as i don't see this behavior on my clients or my demo sites. (with VM3.2 to VM4.0.8 )

it is possible that some of your shopper field got a default value which is not recognized by OPC or VM and thus it things that the validation shoudl be run on the cart address contents.

one way i can reproduce this is:
- i fill email address within checkout form (which is then stored via ajax as due to duplicate emails checks)
- i navigate to other page
- i return to the cart and i see "missing value for ... "

i will try to supress these within checkout completely when error_redirect is not set.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x