Mailchimp

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Mailchimp

Postby info@.....nl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am

Hi there,
I have a site with OPC installed version 2.0.230.240214. The client now wants to start a mailing list with Mailchimp. I have read something about integration with mailchimp through OPC but I can't find anything in the settings. Do I have upgrade my version to have that feature? What I am looking for is the possibility to make a module with Mailchimp subscription and during VM checkout a checkbox with mailchimp subscription. I hope you can help me!
Thanks!
Marc
info@.....nl

Re: Mailchimp

Postby admin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:18 pm

hello Marc, within the latest opc 292 (and later) there is a malchimp plugin which can be installed from the OPC Extension tab. This plugin supports the checkbox within OPC (in OPC just enable Subscription/Acymailing checkbox) and the plugin will automatically render the checkbox for:
- joomla registration
- VM registration
- any opc related page

the plugin stores the user's details directly at the mailchimp database. if you find it slow, some customers are using acymailing and then sync it (manually) with the mailchimp. acymailing is not required for our mailchimp plugin. i can help set it up if needed, but you should have a valid opc subscription.

best regards, stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your reply! I will buy a new subsription and install it over the old OPC. Hope it then works!
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:37 pm

hello, let me know if you needed help with the mailchimp customizations and it's display at various registration pages.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 am

Hi Stan,
Yes, I am afraid I need some help with this one. I just installed OPC 2.0.293.150715. In the extension tab I installed plg_system_vm_mailchimp.
In the Registration tab i enabled the AcyMailing checkbox. But where can I put in the mailchimp API ID and the List ID?
No checkbox is showing at the moment...
info@.....nl

Postby info@.....nl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:23 am

Update... found the plugin (was only looking within OPC), configured and enabled it. But still no checkbox is rendered...
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:30 pm

hello, this is how to enable:

1. install the plugin from opc extensions, and proceed to it's config here:

2. to enable OPC's subscription checkbox, enable this option (Registration Tab):

(it was created for Acymailing first, but also works with opc's mailchimp plugin)

3. if your theme does not support this type of checkbox, you may need to copy:
\components\com_onepage\themes\(the original theme on which your OPC theme is based on)\overrides\acymailing_checkbox.php

to your modified theme

4. to display the checkbox within OPC's theme which does not already have this code included, you may need to do:
<?php echo $italian_checkbox; ?>
OR
<?php echo $subscription_checkbox; ?>

anywhere around the agreement position (maybe you only need to sync the onepage.unlogged and logged.tpl.php files for this

5. i can help you get this implemented, but today we are online only till cca 16 CET and then will be available on monday on.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 am

Hi thanks for the reply and the explanation.
I have it working but a bit different than you described. I did get the mailchimp subscription in Virtuemart but only when I said no to "Disable inside RuposTel OPC (requires OPC 2.0.259+) *"
I don't have the acymailing checkbox in OPC checked.
Everything works when a new client signs up and chooses to make an account. But when the client chooses not to make an account and checkout no mailchimp is signedup for. Is this normal even when the client chooses yes to Mailchimp?
Hope it makes sense what I write...

http://www.singleestatecoffee.nl/koffies
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:07 pm

hello, yes, to support the mailchimp for anonymous/guest customers, i suggest to have it enabled per our theme modifications - so it's both enabled in OPC and your theme renders it properly.

if you are afraid to modify the php files, i can do this for you, so it also works for the Guest shoppers.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Stan,
Could you please help? I have the checkbox show up now but not in the place where it was before. I want it just after the adress details before shipping. I think I used the pbv_multi template so I copied acymailing_checkbox.php from that one.

I cecked bot the logged and unlogged tpl.php files but can't find the code that should render the checkbox like <?php echo $subscription_checkbox; ?>

http://www.singleestatecoffee.nl/shop/cart
info@.....nl

Next

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2