Remove CheckOut Link

Remove CheckOut Link

Postby robert@.....com » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 am

This could be a simple thing. But I do not know how to turn off the "checkout" link at the bottom of the page. Since we have the "confirm Order" this seems redundant.

You have a setting for Continue Shopping not to show, which is okay. But when we click on the checkout link under the Confirm order, it begins to take the customer through a 4 page process. And this is with ENABLE CHECKOUT unchecked.

Any direction please?

Joomla 1.5.22
VM 1.1.7
robert@.....com

Re: Remove CheckOut Link

Postby admin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Hello Robert,
in most installations of OPC the checkout link is removed by hiding the class of "checkout_link". If you use a different class for the continue link, you can change it in the configurator at Display tab:

Choose style to hide (for Proceed to Checkout): checkout_link (by default)

If your style is not listed here and this configuration does not hide it, you can manually alter the class in shop.cart.tpl.php template file in your VM template directory:

/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default [or your template name]/templates/pages/shop.cart.tpl.php

This template file has the link for continue shopping, proceed to checkout and loads the OPC through including basket.php Here you can change the name of the site from "Cart"to "One Page Checkout" or similarly.

If you disable the checkout_link you might want to disable ajax javascript check in the configurator, so that customer always see the checkout even when his javascript is broken:

Load checkout instantly without wait for AJAX test at Display Tab in the configurator.
admin
Site Admin

Postby geospectrum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 pm

I know this is an old topic but I need to do the same and hide the >> Checkout link. I cannot see where in the shop.cart.tpl.php file to make the change? Can someone help please?
geospectrum

Postby admin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:27 pm

hello, i'd need to see your checkout to be able to suggest a CSS to hide the link. On some themes opc cannot detect the class (usually class="checkout_link" ) and opc sets:

.checkout_link {
display: none;
}

if configured via OPC backend, the link gets hidden only after the javascript is detected and functioning.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby geospectrum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:16 pm

This is working now, I didn't do anything but it's working, perhaps it was a cache thing. :D
geospectrum

Postby admin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:19 pm

hello, it probably got hidden when saving opc config as there is a class which you can choose and it hides the checkoukt link automatically.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x