Since upgrading to J!4 + VM4: Order emails are sent twice.

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Since upgrading to J!4 + VM4: Order emails are sent twice.

Postby joomla@.....de » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:41 am

Unfortunately there is no forum section for OPC with VirtueMart 4 and Joomla 4 yet. I think it's time to create one.
Now to my problem:
I use OPC 2.0.432 in a project with Joomla 4.2.5 and VM 4.0.8. Since the upgrade to Joomla 4, the order emails are sent twice for incoming orders. I researched the code, it's due to OPC. The "plgVmConfirmedOrder" method is called twice in components\com_onepage\overrides\cart_override.php
Can this be corrected please?
joomla@.....de

Re: Since upgrading to J!4 + VM4: Order emails are sent twice.

Postby joomla@.....de » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am

There have been several posts on this topic here in the forum. Unfortunately so far without correction or even just a feedback. Just left unanswered.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3971
joomla@.....de

Re: Since upgrading to J!4 + VM4: Order emails are sent twice.

Postby admin » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:20 pm

hello, we had fixed this in recent opc releases as J4 requires a custom code for the plugin's triggerers to be registered and somehow it allows them to be registered twice when the special code runs twice and thus all plugin events might be executed multiple times.

we fixed this issue on our end, so it's not executed twice and it would be nice if J4 fixes this as well - as a single plugin should not really be executed twice...

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x