Mandatory field - Error when saving the basket

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Mandatory field - Error when saving the basket

Postby kovacshazi@.....com » Fri May 27, 2022 10:46 am

We use one ceckhbox (Cégnek kérem a számlát) field which when checked displays 2 mandatory fields: company name (Cégnév) and tax number (Adószám).

These fields are saved in Firefox but not when using Chrome browser.
What could be the problem? Bug?

The page where the problem can be tested: https://www.lsafety.hu/
Joomla version: 3.10.5
VM: 3.6.10
OPC: 2.0.426.050522
kovacshazi@.....com

Re: Mandatory field - Error when saving the basket

Postby admin » Tue May 31, 2022 10:55 am

hello, i checked your site and everything looks as it should/ok. if you want me to check this feature on your site, please write me an email with BE access and FTP access and i'll check why this would not get stored.

Generally OPC checks "business selector" (ceges field) and if it is not set, it will not store the business fields (company, etc... ). So in your case it is possible that OPC could not identify the business selector field due to some reason.

We are using this feature at our large clients as well, but it is suggested to rather use select dropdown instead of the checkbox. The problem with the checkbox is that it is not sent via POST at all when it is not checked and thus it might look like it is not rendered.

I will try to simulate your checkbox on our demos as well.

Best regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x