Blank orders...

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Blank orders...

Postby konstantinos » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:38 am

Hello,

We have a serious problem, that only shows up sometimes.

Sometimes, after a few days the orders start coming in without any user details at all. The order has the products and prices, but all the user details is all blank.
Therefore we do not know how to contact the customer.
The problem is solved only after we restart the server.

The shop has about 70000 products, and a lot of custom fields. The database is over 700MB in size.
We sometimes do a lot of batch product imports/exports (using CSVi extension), and the problem appears sooner after that.
We upgraded our VPS package to the highest offering, and the problem improved, but it still happens. It just takes more time to appear now.

We need to find a way to troubleshoot and fix this.

Is there a log of orders that maybe contains the order information so we can check for missing data?

Is there a way to see failed orders or errors?

Do you have any suspicion on what is the problem?

Thank you

Our setup: Joomla 3.9.21, VM 3.8.4.10355, OPC 2.0.402.170920.
Our hosting: VPS with 16GB RAM, 4 cores, PHP 7.3
konstantinos

Re: Blank orders...

Postby admin » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:03 pm

hello, this sounds like broken tables to me, or broken mysql installation (sys tables, etc... )

i suggest to check your /var/lib/mysql logs for any issues there from root account.

also i suggest to:
- dump the database
- create a new database and import the dump
- switch all tables to innodb (via OPC utilities)
- switch the site to use the new database

i believe there is a problem with the database itself since OPC would redirect the user back to the checkout if there were missing required data within his address.

if you are using some 3rd party plugins that work with joomla's profiles, or alter/intersect registration in other ways it is possible that they clear the data upon some bug there - pls check if you are using any 3rd party "user" type plugins in joomla backend.

to get the best performance you may want to consider a server like this:
https://www.hetzner.com/de/dedicated-ro ... /px62-nvme
or
https://www.hetzner.com/de/dedicated-rootserver/px92
which will be 10 to 100 times faster compared to any VPS solution (due to huge difference in IO performance between a virtualized systems vs dedicated low latency systems )

you'll need a linux server manager for the servers above since they are non-managed. if you get a managed one, then you won't receive root account and you'll be stuck with standard configurations.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby konstantinos » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am

Hello,

and thank you for the detailed reply!

I was curious about innodb as well, and why VM by default does not use it for all tables...

Also, isn't innodb slower for reading data, which is what matters with products, custom fields etc? (our eshop has 70k+ products and multiple hundreds of thousands of custom fields)

EDIT:
Btw... we tried creating a copy of the database, and switching to the new copy (as you described, to resolve any integrity issues).
Unfortunately, the issue appeared again after a couple of days or so.
It really seems like a server overload, or memory leak type of issue. Because it happens when the server has been running for a few hours, and resolves upon restarting the server.

Thanks
konstantinos

Postby admin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:04 pm

hello, well, the myisam engine is not really being actively developed and is primarily suited for extremely little sites.

read speed of myisam vs innodb doesn't really significantly depend on the engine itself, but the mysql server configuration where it can favour one or the other and since innodb is more commonly used and more optimized for different purposes i believe innodb is much better option (including it's optimized variants like percona xtradb or maria db innodb). main performance difference is when there are writes being done toghether with the reads (like stock update in main products table or article counters in main article tables) where myisam block whole table for single update, while innodb locks just the row itself.

if you are having issues with perforamnce, maybe your hosting had enabled "delayed inserts" which might cause issues generally.

if they are restarting the mysql server often, then innodb is much better option as it is much more reliable against unexpected server restarts while i saw autoincrement issues and huge data losses with myisam.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x