BLACKHOLE MySQL engine is not available. OPC cannot alter ta

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

BLACKHOLE MySQL engine is not available. OPC cannot alter ta

Postby avkeele » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:00 am

After updating to OPC 2.0.402.170920, I always get "BLACKHOLE MySQL engine is not available. OPC cannot alter table #__virtuemart_carts" when saving OPC configuration.

I tried again after re-saving the VM3 Configuration. No difference. I tried again after disabling RS Firewall. No difference.

Regards,

Allen
avkeele

Re: BLACKHOLE MySQL engine is not available. OPC cannot alter ta

Postby admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:01 pm

hello Allen, this engine is used when "virtuemart cart reload is disabled" via OPC backend configuration, so that no carts are saved upon logged in users and thus it doesn't cause issues when they come back and log in. i.e. with the feature disabled, they still keep original content of the cart OR empty cart after login.

the VM feature can hit quite lot's of bugs from conflicts with awo coupons or rewriting customer address or modifying cart during the login process in the checkout submit itself.

the engine is normally available on mysql 5.7 and i saw you are using mariadb 10.1 which is possibly mysql 5.6 so i suggest to udpate your mariadb to the latest (10.3 ideally)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x