silent and non-silent registration

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

silent and non-silent registration

Postby d0ublezer0 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Hello!

I want to realise this scenario:
when guest submit order from cart, he must be registered silently, then we sending password by email
but when user want to register before buy in client area - he must provide password by himself. and then, must activate his account

what i have now:
opc replacement of the registration page with vm is enabled.
silent registration when placing an order through the basket works as expected.
but when a user registers in the account on his own, activation by email does not occur. It is automatically activated.

what do i need to do to fix this?

ps. also i want to use captcha on vm registraton page
d0ublezer0

Re: silent and non-silent registration

Postby admin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am

hello anton, i don't have an answer for you now, i need to run a series of tests for this and i expect you run the very latest versions of vm+opc+joomla+php7.3 and above.

opc generally doesn't like activation because it breaks the checkout flow and only a very few customers would really proceed with the purchase. (per our tests using no registration increases sales by at least 30% )

i will need to test this out, but i remember that at the time of creating this feature the activation for opc registration was fully functional.

which type of activation are you using (none/self/admin) ? what is your joomla registration configuration ? are you using any sort of captchas or other plugins that could interfere the email proceedings.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x