Wrong shipping fee

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Wrong shipping fee

Postby info@.....com » Wed May 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello, we have received a couple of orders with wrong shipping fee. This wrong shipping fee is the one from the default country at checkout, not the actual one in the order.

I have tried to reproduce the problem and I have found out that this error shows up when you have a different billing and shipping address.

When the customer confirms the order, if they go back to checkout before continuing to Paypal, sometimes the shipping fee displayed is not the one in the shipping address, but the one in the billing addresss.

Can you help, please?

Thank you

J3.9
VM 3.4.2
OPC 2.0.387.040719
info@.....com

Re: Wrong shipping fee

Postby admin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:24 pm

hello, i apologize for not replying to this sooner.

this is a commong issue when a 3rd party plugin alters state of the cart's shipping variable during the checkout process.

it's very complicated to trace and find such system on your site but generally you may want to try to disable all plugins / modules one by one / groups by groups to find out which one unsets the shipping rate.

to make session consitent we generally suggest to use "file sessions" (in joomla they are called none, or PHP ) since file sessions are the only ones which allow proper session locking.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x