No customer registration in the system after orders

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

No customer registration in the system after orders

Postby info@.....com » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Hello together,

we have a problem, that sometimes (aprox in 1 out of 20 orders) orders come in without an customer registration (not in Joomla nor in Virtuemart).
We set the option that only registered customer can check out, no guest checkout is enabled, so we are confused that this is possible.

In the cart is also no option to enable guest checkout visable.

Can it be an issue, that the registration is sometimes not safed to the system?

I have attached some screenshots with settings.

I would be very happy about help and tips.

Used Versions: Joomla 3.9.18, VM 3.6.10, OPC 2.0.394.141019

With best regards
Attachments
virtuemart_setting_1.png
virtuemart_setting_1.png (33.87 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
onepage_setting_3.png
onepage_setting_3.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
onepage_setting_2.png
onepage_setting_2.png (39.54 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
info@.....com

Re: No customer registration in the system after orders

Postby admin » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 am

hello, pls see if the usernames or emails were already used in previous history of the user.

one possible reason for this is that OPC runs in default "enable duplicate registration" and thus if user is already registered and he tries to checkout as anonymous user with already existing email or username, it can lead to:
- if username (or email depending on further config) matches with password of already logged in user, the user will get logged in and his account will get paired against his previous purchases
- if email matches his previous purchases, but the password is wrong, he won't get logged in, but internally his data will be paired against his previous purchases (i.e. storing user_id within order details tables)
- if email matches his previous purchases, but there the information provided is too distinct the user won't get associated
- if username is already used, but user's information are too disctinct form his previous purchases, he won't get paired against the previous order history

you may want to disable this behaviour at registration tab:
- disable "duplicate registration" (Enable duplicit emails in any type of registration)
- enable "do not allow duplicate emails" + "stop checokut if duplicate email is used"
- enable "do not allow duplicate usernames" + "stop checokut if duplicate username is used"

let me know if this helps, further checks could be done:
- per data stored in your database per these users
- since OPC uses VM functions to store user, it's possible that upon some special cases such as "length of some inputs" is longer then the database schema allows, VM may block registration while not stopping order process (should be logged)
- same for custom captcha solutions, or subscriptin systems like acymailing - since these plugins interfere with registration, they may also stop the registratoin per some of their logic without stopping the checkout

if this is a critical process in ordering (i.e. to always have a user account assigned to the order) maybe i could do a few checks per new configs in OPC:
- during the checkout after user registration OPC can check for "login" state vs "registratoin state"
- for login not to fail, there must not be account activation enaled
- for registration not to fail, an user_id needs to be known to OPC - maybe i could redirect back to the cart if this is not known

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....com » Mon May 18, 2020 11:22 am

Sorry for my late reply!

I set the options to your recommendation:
you may want to disable this behaviour at registration tab:
- disable "duplicate registration" (Enable duplicit emails in any type of registration)
- enable "do not allow duplicate emails" + "stop checokut if duplicate email is used"
- enable "do not allow duplicate usernames" + "stop checokut if duplicate username is used"

We will check the new orders if this will help.

As Captcha we use the OPC Option.

In the com_virtuemart.log.php i found servaral lines with this error:
2020-05-17 08:54:16 ERROR vmError: Der Benutzername wird bereits verwendet!
2020-05-17 08:54:16 ERROR vmError: TableUserinfos COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID fehlt im Eintrag! Speichern des Eintrages ohne COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID Nummer nicht möglich.

So i hope, that this causes the issue and the setting recommendation you gave me (do not allow duplicate usernames) helps.

I will let you know if this solves the issue.

Thanks a lot!!
info@.....com

Postby info@.....com » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 pm

Everythings runs fine now, your suggestions solved the problem, thanks!
info@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x