Cache problem

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Cache problem

Postby steliosk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Hello Stan,
Some of my customers are reporting that they still see my holiday article that we are closed in August! It is an article that you can add o top of vm checkout page and furthermore they cant order as the shipping and payment methods for these clients are disabled. Even in incognito mode the same happens...
Im thinking that it has something to do with the rupo..cache plugin but Im not sure
From my end everything looks fine :(
Please help if there is something I can try to be gone with this problem
Thank you
steliosk

Re: Cache problem

Postby admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:57 pm

hello, well, if you got "system page cache" plugin enabled it's possible that entire checkout including any personal data of your clients is stored in the cache.

i generally suggest not to use any sort of cache in joomla to provide highest possible security (against xss or similar) and the site itself should be optimized so it can run very fast. usually a fast hosting can do very well with virtuemart.

please disable any sort of caching plugins OR proxy caches such as cloudfare proxy cache which is not compatible with joomla generally, or add proper URLs to full exclusion.

checkout due to it's nature must not be cached anyhow.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby steliosk » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Ok thank you Ill check and see if Ive got any cache enabled and disable it. Finding it hard as I dont see the problem in my fronted and most of my clients. Getting over 20 orders a day...just a few bad fruit every so often that spoil my day :)

Thanks again
steliosk

Postby admin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:10 pm

hello, maybe this is not relevant but will help you to get the proper data to be displayed to all your customers:

at OPC Extensions tab there is a plugin "stop browser cache" which you can enable as a system plugin. this plugin alters URLs of all JS and CSS files that it can find and adds modify time to them so they are not cached if the URL changes per any sort of upgrade (vm, joomla, opc or else) - this also helps any proxy cache servers as they won't cache the file due to the change of URL.

for PHP generated page - please see your returned headers if the return proper non-caching headers. in joomla generally (or php pages generally) any page request should return non-caching headers.

proxy servers are using these headers to decide if to keep the site or not within the cache. if this is misconfigured, please check your htaccess file or contact your hosting.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....eu » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 pm

I finally figured it out! It wasn't a cache problem.
I hacked the system message that says "please choose a payment method" to say "we are closed for summer" and had disabled all payment methods for summer time so the shop was online with prices and shipping quotes etc When we opened again and reenabled thevpayment plugins ..if a client tried confirming order without choosing payment method "we are closed for summer system message popped up... :mrgreen:
info@.....eu

Postby admin » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 pm

i am glad you found this, these days i am much faster to reply on email,
for next OPC release we are preparing a large rewrite for payment (and later shipping) handling via ajax which will bring more compatibility with some 3rd party payment solutions. the upcoming change in OPC will not rewrite payment's html if it already exists within the checkout and thus all states of the html will remain. this is particularly usefull for credit card payments, so that the CC inputs are not cleared upon ajax refresh.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x