Free shipping message

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Free shipping message

Postby info@.....com » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello,

We have products from one category that have zero shipping when you purchase more than x units. We'd like to know if it is possible to display a text at checkout that informs customers that if they purchase that quantity they will get free shipping.

Thank you so much

Regards
info@.....com

Re: Free shipping message

Postby spike1968 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:46 pm

info@bodecall.com wrote:Hello,

We have products from one category that have zero shipping when you purchase more than x units. We'd like to know if it is possible to display a text at checkout that informs customers that if they purchase that quantity they will get free shipping.

Thank you so much

Regards

I did that by creating an override and then altering the code in mod_virtuemart_cart->default.php and then displayed it in a module position. A bit of a hack but very quick and effective.
spike1968

Re: Free shipping message

Postby admin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:13 pm

hello, i think the best way to do this is at the product details somewhere around the add to cart button.

let me know which solution you are looking for and i can try to post a snippet for that here:
- if any product is in a specific category then the whole order got free shipping
- if all products are in a specific category then the whole order got free shipping

please note that VM3.6.2 (and prior) has a bug with the category filter (at shipping methods) and may cause a shipping method not to work properly (giving error at the checkout after confirm). there is a dev version which fixes this.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x