OPC do npt work when I upadte the php to 7.2

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

OPC do npt work when I upadte the php to 7.2

Postby zakmaisi@.....gr » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Dear Stan

I just bought the new version of opc in order to make an update from php 7 to 7.2
When I update the site to php 7.2 the site is working but when I go to cart there is an eroor.
When I disable the opc the cart is shown
Can you please help me?
zakmaisi@.....gr

Re: OPC do npt work when I upadte the php to 7.2

Postby zak@.....gr » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Please help I searched everything I know
zak@.....gr

Postby inkoop@.....nl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:36 pm

I have the same problem.

It looks like it is an webhosting issue, because locally, on my pc, the cart works on php 7.2. But using the live version on my webhosting on 7.2, I get a service unavailable error.
The question is: what do we need to change (probally at the webhosting) to get this working again?
inkoop@.....nl

Postby admin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:15 pm

hello, php7.2 upgrade needs to be widely tested because many 3rd party extensions are not compatible with php7.2.

all of our OPC core + OPC extensions are now fully compatible with php7.2 and they are being already used by lot's of our cutomers.

while we helped our customers to upgrade to php7.2 (or php7.1) we found that these 3rd party extensions are not working with latest joomla or php7.2:
- custom filters for all
- piraeus (greek payment plugin)
- gopay (czech payment plugin - requires mcrypt which is not available under php7.2)

for opc to work properly it's own "opc.php" (opc master system loader plugin) needs to be loaded before other plugins that use virtuemart (in the latest opc we fixed ordering configuration option in opc backend, so it should be enough to click save in opc backend, for previous opc versions, plugin ordering needs to be set for opc system plugin)

the best way to trouble shoot the php7.2 issues is:
- install our "fatal catcher" plugin from OPC Extensions + enable it + set your email address at the plugin + do not enable to send notices/warnings unless you know what you do + make sure emails do work and they are not rate-limited
- or see your php error logs

make sure you use very latest versions of your payment + shipping plugins, they do not require "mcrypt" library which is not available under php7.2, and make sure you disable all unused plugins in joomla plugin managers which you do not use or need (such as system-debug can easily consume 512mb ram, or installed and enabled vmpayment plugins which are not configured in VM can break your checkout)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x