Thank you page Joomla Article

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Thank you page Joomla Article

Postby mile2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 am

Hi,
This stop working for me for some time now.
My settings: https://ibb.co/pr8DCrv
My versions: Joomla! 3.9.0 / One Page Checkout (2.0.373.271118)

The OPC Tracking plugin is on this position: https://ibb.co/P5rjp82

The use to work for me before but since the last 2 updates, it just stops. Any ideas?

Thank you
mile2

Re: Thank you page Joomla Article

Postby admin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm

hello, pls recheck opc config if there is any changes in there, especially "after checkout" tab where the article is assigned per order status.

to further investigate see if the order status was indeed used when you see the order details.

opc consits of 3 plugins to provide tracking + thank you page functionality:
- opc (master loader plugin -> should have quite low ordering, ideally very first)
- opc system tracking plugin (catches ecommerce events outside virtuemart) -> depends on other plugins used the ordering should not be that critical here (if you are using 3rd party tracking solutions, the plugin should load as first, if you are not using 3rd party tracking solutions the plugin can be loaded as the very last one)
- opc vmpayment plugin (catches order status changes) -> should have the very last ordering compared to other vmpayment plugins

it's important to know that the way thank you page is handled had changed in the very latest vm3.4 and we updated it to work on both pre-vm3.4 and after-vm3.4, BUT if you are using a plugin made for vm3.4+ on vm3.2 it may give unconsitant results, thus it's suggested to either use the very latest versions (3rd party payment plugins vs VM version) or versions of about same date (OPC can still be the latest as we provide backward compatibility)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby mile2 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 pm

I wasn't' able to fix the problem.

My Virtuemart version is VirtueMart 3.4.2

OPC 2.0.373.271118

This are my plugins order: https://ibb.co/548Y5Zt

If you have any other ideas i will be very grateful.

Thanks
mile2

Postby admin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 pm

hello, i can only help you via FTP since we cannot reproduce this issue on our demos or at some of our core customers.

generally you may want to limit the number of restrictions per the thank you page article to minimum to see if any of them makes the article not shown. (i.e. remove language + payment + order status and other restrictions)

the thank you page override requires:
- ideally opc checkout enabled (not tested without this but should work)
- opctracking system + opctracking vmpayment -> these 2 get automatically enabled + updated if the article at the thank you page feature is detected
- review the list of configuration at opc's "after checkout" tab

generally:
- it's suggested to raise maximum number of variables to:
max_input_vars=10000
- PHP memory limit on the very latest versions of VM+Joomla is ideally 256Mb if you are not using GD/Imagick thumbs and you have only up to 500 products, it should be able to run on 128M and less memory, if using PDF Invoices with VM + large images + lot's of products and categories you may need to use much more RAM
- max_post_size should be at least 8Mb (ideally 32Mb) same as upload size limits (32Mb )

if all software is up to date and developers state php7.3 compatibility, you can run our software with php7.3 which is the fastest (cca 4x faster then php5.6), but if you are using some special payment methods which are not compatible with php7.2+ (using mcrypt, etc..) you may be able to upgrade only to php7.1

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x