Theme for mobile devices maximum width

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Theme for mobile devices maximum width

Postby patbe60 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:08 am

Hello

I have created two themes, one for desktop and one for mobile devices, both based on pbv-multi theme.
The mobile theme is also loaded on tablet (iPad Pro 10.5'') and not only on smartphone

Is there any possibility to load it only for a maximum width of 767 px? (Bigger sizes should use the desktop theme)

You may see the result here: http://www.panmusic.ch/en/shop.
I'm greatful for every hint.

Regards
Patrik

BTW: The ToS window can't be scrolled with any theme on tablet and smartphone. You may check it also on the same URL. Conmpare it with the privacy policy window.
(You need to put some articles into the basket.)
Last edited by patbe60 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patbe60

Re: Theme for mobile devices maximum width

Postby patbe60 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 pm

I solved the first problem by using only one theme and making it responsive (changing layout and css).

But the second problem remains:
Scrolling of tos doesn't work on mobile devices.
Selecting a Joomla article for tos in the OPC configuration also doesn't take any effect. The tos content of VM shopper remains all the time.

Regards
Patrik
patbe60

Postby admin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:54 pm

hello Patrik, i checked your site now via g.chrome emulated mobile and it looks nice, i would only suggest to get rid of horizontal left+right spaces and make sure that every single user input is at least 40px in height. maybe 2 columns fields would work better to make it more compact. (see black theme which is one of the most compact themes in OPC with single shipping and single payment option)

you also seem to disable the "full tos at checkout" which is now shown in the fancybox popup so i believe this should be ok.

is there any other issues that i can help you with?

i generally suggest to rename your modified template which you already did (panmusic) and we generally support your own opc theme modifications for many years ahead and you can update opc anytime as needed without loss of your modificaitons works.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby patbe60 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello Stan
Thank you for your reply.
The problem is, that tos scrolling in fancy-box works fine in browser emulated mobile. But in real mobile devices (tested with iPhone and iPad) it can't be scrolled.

To be sure, that it really doesn't work I tested it with protostar template and one of OPCs template.

Maybe you can check this also on a real mobile device.

Regards
Patrik
patbe60

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x