OPC not workin

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

OPC not workin

Postby wkrein » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use your plugin for my site. However, I can't get past the checkout. I'm either getting an error 500 or being sent around in loops back to the cart.

https://kazalux.com/de/warenkorb

Can you help me out here?
wkrein

Re: OPC not workin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:37 pm

hello, for this type of issues, pls write us an email for fastest reply.

generally this is how to trace the error:
- the most probable case for this error is that some extension or library causes a php fatal error :
-- most commonly this is TCPDF so you can reinstall with the latest VM
-- some awo coupon version can cause this, pls update them
-- disable INVOICE IN VIRTUEMART as some types of images in vendor logo can cause error 500
-- some images in payment + shipment logos can cause error 500 in tcpdf
-- some UNUSED payment plugins in Joomla plugins can cause this issue (just disable all that are not used)
- an error in any template file in joomla overrides can cause this as well

to be 100% sure what this does you need to find out an exact error:
- the simplest way to do this is to install our "fatal catcher" from opc extensions + install + enable + configure your own email in the plugin config + repeat the error

the fatal catcher will send you file + line and cause of the error by email and you can see which extension causes the problem

generally we suggest to have "xdebug" enabled (php extension - you can insatll via cpanel or root access on server) which provides 2 useful features:
- limits infinite recursion so you don't reach memory leaks or other problems
- provides backtraces when php itself cannot

when our fatal catcher is used with xdebug you'll see much more information about the error on your site.

let us know what the error is and i can further suggest solution.

if fatal catcher cannot send email (due to error overrides of your template or smtp disabled) you may want to enable debug in joomla (keep debug plugin disabled) + enable error reporting to development/maximum and repeat the process - error should be shown on the screen.

IMPORTANT: in fatal catcher do not enable to send notices+warnings as this feature can easily send a few thousands of emails per minute

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x