DOESNT WORK: OPC Filters for Shipping and Payment methods

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

DOESNT WORK: OPC Filters for Shipping and Payment methods

Postby fototapeti@.....bg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 am

I tried on my client website to set filter for Virtuemart Payment Methods

Disable this method if any product in the cart is in one or more categories:
I add value 13 (to exclude category). This category is fist level (mother) and there is no products in it.
and when I add product from subcategory and goes to cart - page error: server time out

If i add value 250 subcategory (end level) with products it works...

I dont know where is the problem. Maybe empty category, of subcategory

Current options are only for small shops. Up to 50 categories. Shops with 100-200-1000 categories will be hard to be managed.
I think it is not possible to set mother category exclusion if you have 3-4 sublevels with more than 300 categories
Something else for big shops - it will be nice to have:
1) if add mother category value all subcategories to have to have same option as mother option (maybe field for firstlevel (mother) categories is needed)
2) range of categories 23-51 (from 23-51)

Maybe there is the same problem with Virtuemart Shipping Methods
fototapeti@.....bg

Re: DOESNT WORK: OPC Filters for Shipping and Payment methods

Postby admin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 pm

hello, the subcategories are automatically included and that is why you probably get the timeout. if this is not a production site, the mysql optimizer haven't yet created the indexes and thus queries even to indexed columns may be slow. more queries to the indexed columns there are, the faster mysql will be (as far as another site on shared hosting doesn't take all the rest resources).

let me know if you needed custom work in this matter, we can further adjust the filters, but i do not think it's a good idea to use "ranges of IDs" since most of our clients have those IDs mostly random.

best regards,stan
admin
Site Admin

Re: DOESNT WORK: OPC Filters for Shipping and Payment methods

Postby admin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:48 pm

also if you imported the category structure manually (via some 3rd party tool) you should make sure that their recursiveness is not cyclic - otherwise you get memory leaks and other problems. to catch infinite recursion i suggest to use "xdebug" php extension which protects against too many recursions.

category structure should look like :
0 -> 1 -> 2

cyclic recursion may look like:
0 -> 1 -> 2 -> 1
or
1 -> 1 -> 2

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x