OPC and European GDPR

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

OPC and European GDPR

Postby cssinformatica » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello,
i have a question about the component for GDPR UE 2016/679 compliance.
In my ecommerce, i installed a component called "GDPR" that make me able to have track of all explicit consents for all form in the website.
Unfortunately, it does not work fine with OPC component because ignore required fields (OPC registration option: Normal Registration).
So I'm trying to use (in component configuration, tab "Display") the option for "Enable privacy checkbox".
I suppose that to make the component GDPR compliant, we have to track all the explicit consents also for OPC.

What do you think about?

Thanks.

joomla 3.8.10 - virtuemart 3.2.14 - OPC 2.0.364
cssinformatica

Re: OPC and European GDPR

Postby admin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 pm

hello, the privacy checkbox in OPC is ment especially for GDPR since in italy it had been required for last few years same as in many other EU countries and GDPR made this required for all EU countries.

the only thing that it is missing right now is storing of it's value to use as a proof of an address - this will be done shortly,or can be done now when a VM field is configured with the same name.

the 3rd party GDPR extensions usually provide a way to collect and erase userdata that are collected on your own site. they probably won't render properly in OPC if they use standard VM's fields since they don't allow much of an "extension" styling to be done in checkout.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Re: OPC and European GDPR

Postby info@.....it » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello Stan,
thank you for replay.
GDPR 3rd party that i use, disabled the native OPC check for required fields.
This unfortunately created me problems!
In fact, users could register an account without compiling all the required fields (and in the #__virtuemart_userinfos table the record was not written).
So, i activated italian checkbox and i disabled GDPR extension checkbox.
info@.....it

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x