Unexpected behaviour from the Acymailing checkbox

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Unexpected behaviour from the Acymailing checkbox

Postby loppan » Mon May 28, 2018 10:42 am

EDIT : Actually, this seems to be an acymailing issue. I'm getting the same weird results when user register using the standard joomla user registration. I have contact acymailing support about this, we'll see what they say - kind of strange if it's a bug that have not been discovered yet though - but we'll see what they say... I'll report back :).

EDIT 2 : OK, with the "force double opt-in" setting disabled in the acymailing (auto)subscribe.. plugin, I almost get the results that I want. Now the user who does not tick the checkbox in OPC does not receive a subscription confirmation e-mail anymore (which makes perfect sense). For users who tick the box, they get instantly added to the list I have chosen - unfortunately without having to confirm first - I assume this is not so GDPR-friendly but it will work until I hear back from acyba.

Complicated stuff here :).

Hi,

I have set up my store to allow guest checkout, but I still want my users to be able to sign up for my newsletter, even if they don't create an account.

However, users are able to register, if they want to, they register using Joomla's normal register page, I'm using the Acymailing "(auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration" plugin, I have configured to show only one list (ID #1) and it's not checked by default. It also requers double opt in. Works fine.

In Acymailing, I want to show a checkbox for signing up to my newsletter, however it should not be checked by default. I believe I have the appropriate settings in OPC / Registration :

opc1.png
opc1.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 5725 times

The checkbox shows fine on my guest checkout page, and it's not ticked by default.

If a user chose to tick it, it all goes fine, and customer receives the confirmation message I have set in Acymailing. All good.

But if a user does NOT tick it, the user still receives the confirmation message, although user is not signed up to any of my lists, but still created in acymailing, without any subscription (which makes their account pretty useless :)).

This is really weird. Even if the user does confirm the subscription, the user is still not subscribed to a list. And I really don't want to spam my customers with a sign up confirmation even when the user didn't sign up.

If I disable the ""(auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration" completely, the OPC Acymailing checkbox does nothing at all, so I assume the OPC feature still is depending on that plugin.

I'm on Acymailing 5.10.0 and OPC 2.0.364.210518. Would be truly grateful for your help here Stan! :)

Best wishes

Peter

Edit : Even with the acymailing checkbox disabled in OPC config, but when keeping the acymailing "(auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration" plugin enabled, users do get registered in acymailing while doing guest checkout, without even registering for an account and without clicking any newsletter checkbox. This is strange. I have completely disabled the acymailing plugin now, which means users can't sign up during normal joomla registration either which is a bit inconvenient :).

Please let me know what's up.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Peter
loppan

Re: Unexpected behaviour from the Acymailing checkbox

Postby admin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:54 pm

hello, the OPC's acymailing checkbox copies HTML of the acymailing checkbox (per time when first developed it), but leaves the logic up to acy mailing. i do not think the user would need to give the consent twice for any reason under the GDPR as far as the checkbox is:
- unchecked for new registration/checkout by default
- checked by default for logged in users which already agreed previously (opc doesn't check it agains acymailing, but it can check it agains mailcimp API directly via our mailchimp plugin)

let me know more if there is anything we can do in matters of better compatiblity with acymailing OR in matters of GDPR handling.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby brucezly » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi, I have same issue... Acy solved the problem?
brucezly

Postby admin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 am

hello. please let me know at email if you need me to adjust this - i just created a module which adds new user to acymailing list automatically (and adds a new list if needed as well) and programatically regardless of acymailing settings.

opc itself tries to "emulate sign in form" instead of inserting user directly, so it is more future-proof but if you cannot find an exact config for this, let me know and i can adjust opc to do this different way.

also we receive quite a few security notices from acymailing's cart tracking plugins (sql injection) which we had already reported and it's very important to keep it updated all the time.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x