Captcha does not show up on the registration page

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Captcha does not show up on the registration page

Postby info@.....nl » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:18 am

Hello,
I have this website on which Im using onepagecheckout
Its been working quite fine for a long time, however I'm not able to use the captcha
Since sometime I've gotten many "spam" registrations which I prefer not to have
I have recaptcha installed on my joomla admin and the recaptcha works fine on the contact form (Which makes it seem to me that the issue is not with the template or anything)
It just doesnt show up on the registration form

In the settings where it says "enable captcha" I have turned all 3 options on

Im using:
Joomla! 3.8.0
VirtueMart 3.2.4
OPC 2.0.348.210917

What can I do to make it work?
info@.....nl

Re: Captcha does not show up on the registration page

Postby admin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:53 am

hello, "enable captcha" enables one of your installed captcha's in joomla. you may want to configure API keys for your joomla's core re-captcha plugin and enable it in joomla and thus it will be shown in OPC.

if you already got it configured and it shows properly in joomla registration and virtuemart registration without opc being enabled, you may be using an older/custom OPC theme where you may want to add

Code: Select all
<?php echo $captcha; ?>

into onepage.unlogged.tpl.php (and onepage.registration.tpl.php ) but this is already included on all OPC themes by default.

to enable it for joomla, see Users -> Options -> Catcha in Jomola backend, and also Virtuemart -> Configuration -> Shop -> Use re-captcha for registration

best regards
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me
I've tried using the register page without OPC and then it displays the Recaptcha just fine
Im using a OCP theme called clean_simple2

I've added
Code: Select all
<?php echo $captcha; ?>
into the file
This does make the recaptcha appear, but when I fill in all the forms and recaptcha it says that the captcha is not correct (even though it is)
I've added the code into onepage.registration.tpl.php on various places without success
Did I do something wrong?
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:27 pm

hello, if it says captcha is not correct, this probably comes from some 3rd party captcha solution which is not properly initialized. please see your joomla plugins - maybe you got more than one recaptcha enabled. also see the JS console (F12 key + click console, or ctrl+shift+J in FF) if there are any messages from google about recaptcha API.

also make sure that the code "echo $captcha" is inside your checkout form:
<form...

</form...

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies
I still haven't been able to figure out what the issue is/was with the template that I used on OPC
I since then switched back to another template on OPC in which the recaptcha works fine
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Thu May 03, 2018 12:50 pm

hello, captcha at registration page should be also enabled in virtuemart global configuration + opc per unlogged + opc per registration page and you should use one of the compatible captchas solutions, especially the new recaptcha that is part of joomla core. other captchas may be compatible, but 3rd party captchas that do not use joomla's core events may need adjustments in opc or their own code.

to display the captcha, usually the line above needs to be added, if not already included within the opc template.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x