Paypal Express Checkout

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Paypal Express Checkout

Postby info@.....it » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm

hello,
i activated the "Paypal Express Checkout" method, but I have a problem concerning the total order that is transmitted from my website to paypal.
In plugin configuration i set "Detail of all items will be sent to PayPal payment page" to "yes"

For example:

1x product-test € 43,98
shipment cost € 14,44
------------------------------
Order total € 58,42

I click for "Paypal Espress Checkout" button and on top, i see that i have to pay € 43,98
The order total to pay is wrong.
Plugin do not consider the shipment cost (see attached files).

I tried checkout without OPC and it works.
But when i reactivate OPC component, plugin Paypal do not consider shipment cost in the total amount.
"Paypal Standard" work fine; the problem is only for "Paypal Express".

Before this post, i posted on virtuemart forum because i thought that paypal plugin was the problem:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=139820.0

How can i solve?
Thank you.
Attachments
paypal express checkout1.JPG
paypal express checkout1.JPG (178.63 KiB) Viewed 18684 times
paypal express checkout.JPG
paypal express checkout.JPG (48.98 KiB) Viewed 18684 times
info@.....it

Re: Paypal Express Checkout

Postby admin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:05 am

hello, if you are using VM's core paypal express plugin, it does not expect the shipping to be set before visiting paypal and thus it won't work.

express is intended to work on sites where there are no taxes or shipping rates. (since "express" should be clicked before visiting your checkout)

if you are looking for a paypal implementation which:
- validates user address before redirect to paypal where paypal would give a non-recoverable error without a backlink to your site (a lost order due to paypal logic) you may want to consider a 3rd party paypal solution which is being used for last 10 years by many virtuemart users, see:
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk/payp ... ckout.html
- 3rd party paypal express uses only "paypal express API" but does not necessarily need to work in "express" mode where user chooses shipping, taxes, address, etc after returining from paypal
- you can style paypal page as needed

please note that due to GDPR and lot's of the personal data handling issues paypal is not being processed the same per various customer's countries as detected by their IP addresses. in some cases, it's not possible to show only the credit card form, in other cases it 's not possible to opt-out registration in paypal, address validation is very strict and it asks too many details about your customers.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....it » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi Stan,
thank you for answare me.
I understood what you want to tell me.

But in my online store, i use Paypal Express Checkout only for cart page.
Infact, if i disable OCP, paypal plugin intercept right costs for products and shipment.
I attach images of my test with paypal sandbox.

i suppose may be the ajax call for get the shipment cost.
What do you think about?

Thank you.
Attachments
checkout step3.JPG
Paypal Sandbox for pay
checkout step3.JPG (61.17 KiB) Viewed 18677 times
checkout step2.JPG
Cart Page after selecting shipping
checkout step2.JPG (80.79 KiB) Viewed 18677 times
checkout step1.JPG
Cart Page before selecting shipping
checkout step1.JPG (83.78 KiB) Viewed 18677 times
info@.....it

Postby admin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:36 pm

hello, on your printscreens the paypal express is shown after you selected shippping. since shipping is not yet selected on OPC you cannot really use core's paypal express without additional step (new POST) which is not supported by OPC (you would need to separate your OPC into two steps: first to choose an address that tells the taxes + choose the shipping and another step where paypal express is ready to be clicked) - thus you would not need OPC at all.

we did a multi step checkout OPC customization so if you really want to try this approach i could assist you on how to do it. (i.e. payment would be only available at second step)

we are not planning to add such support for the core paypal express because:
- the full solution is already freeely available on the internet
- the core paypal express is not really intended to cooperate with any OPC

for us it would mean to clone the core paypal express and modify 70% of that code and we would end up with our own paypal express plugin.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....it » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

Hi Stan,
I understood the problem, thanks for the explanation.
Thank you
info@.....it

Postby admin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am

hello, if you needed help with the 3rd party paypal express, let me know. it's being used by most of our customers that chose PPL Express.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby guebelli » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Hello Stan,

I am having this issue with PayPal Express as well. when I disable OPC, it works fine, but I see that you make note that shipping is the issue with it. Can you recommend 3rd party paypal express to me?

lingeriemart.com
I am using Virtuemart 3.8.4
Joomla 3.9.x
PHP 7.4.9
InnoDB

Thanks,

George Guebelli
guebelli

Postby admin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 pm

hello, if you are looking for Express because it uses API and allows more config options at paypal landing page, we recommend to use plugins from this developer:
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk/payp ... ckout.html

if you are using for "Express Paypal" before checkout, then i am not sure how the workflow should look like since it is mostly used for ordering services/software without shipping and simple taxes directly form products.

during payment rendering in OPC (inside advertise section or inside payment section) - paypal does not have an information about selected shipment and thus clicking the button that automatically redirects to paypal will always lead to a total without shipping and possibly with wrong taxes.

so i would need to understand what is the goal of using PPL Express with the checkout and what is the desired customer's steps that he has to do to be able to pay.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x