Delivery date in depth

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Delivery date in depth

Postby gestion@.....com » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi Stan

We want to start using this feature but we encounter a little issue:

We deliver each tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday but depending on the hour the order is created is delivered next day or in 2 days.

The little issue comes here:

Date offset of the soonest delivery date. Zero (0) for no offset and one (1) for tommorow after the current time. Two (2) for the day after tommmorow.

If and order is placed before 10 o clock am we deliver it next day, after 10 o clock will be 2 days after.

So my question is, could this condition be added somehow to that option?

And a little css issue, date picker seems to take the font style of our template which happens to be white, therefore not visible, can we add font style to the datepicker itself?:

And one last doubt about this option:

Choose a shopper field to store the delivery date value.
This field will be automatically marked as Custom rendered and will not be shown in checkout. It's important that the field is not marked as required in VM settings.

What is the use? to display it in the order e-mail? We tested in one field and appeared there.

Regards
gestion@.....com

Re: Delivery date in depth

Postby admin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:44 pm

hello manu, let me reply in points:

i didn't realize that jquery-ui does not format the color of the select drop down and that it inherits the color from your joomla template. i would suggest to check any occurances of the select drop downs on your site if they render ok, since the white text on a standard white background may not be the ideal solution.

i've modified for v.302:
\components\com_onepage\themes\extra\jquery-ui\jquery-ui.min.css

from
Code: Select all
select.ui-datepicker-year{width:45%}

to
Code: Select all
select.ui-datepicker-year{width:45%;color:#666666;}

regarding the time selector for the datepicker, we already have the logic ready in one of our plugins "pickup or free", but the logic is so complicated that it would take huge time and effort to get it migrated into this. if you'd really needed such solution, i can try to merge the code, but it's quite complex due to:
- different timezones (of the DB / php / server / joomla / customer)
- opening hours and holliday support, i.e. at the evening at 20.00 when the shop is closed and the next day is a holliday it needs to calculate proper time shifts
- our "pickup or free" plugin already solves: reservation times
-- when you have your own shipping with multiple or single vehicles, you can set weight capacity of each vehicle at a certain time and the time slot will only be available up to this capacity
-- full time slots (both manual set up of available times and days + automatic/default set up of the available times/days)

example:
(route setup): zip code 11111 has shipping only on tuesday with capcity of 200 kg per vehicle, the order must be done 2 days before the shipping day
OR other mode:
(single vehicle): order has been made for 11.00 tommorow and thus next order can only be done from 11.30 tommorow
other setup:
-- opening hours, hollidays, closed days

the plugin (pickup or free) is only available upon request and usually quite extensive customization has to be done to meet each shops demands.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x