names in order ship to section

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

names in order ship to section

Postby jimpett81 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 am

Hi All,

I have an issue that I am not sure is an OPC issue but I did previously get help from the very helpful customer service team there. I had an issue with the names not being populated in my ship to form on the orders section which Stan kindly solved; however the fix has left me with only the first names? To be more accurate after a space nothing more is entered into the field. This could be OPC or pay pal but I don't know where to look for the code that was altered so I am once again asking for help here, sorry.

Regards,

James
jimpett81

Re: names in order ship to section

Postby admin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:48 pm

hello James, you are using custom userfield names (Namefield and Telephone) which are not properly handled by your paypalssc plugin. OPC doesn't really alter anything here, the data are cut and/or saved by the paypal plugin which modifies the address. the plugin expects the default userfields there and it doesn't provide a function to configure your custom fields there.

if the 3rd party devs cannot help you, let me know and i can continue on your site.

one of the most simplest solution would be to:
- disable Namefield and enable first_name and last_name fields and disable Telephone and enable phone_1
- update the paypalssc plugin to it's latest version so it clears all modifications that i did to it in this matter (only partially sucessfully)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x