Paypal return page / thank you page

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Paypal return page / thank you page

Postby ptrouw@.....nl » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Stan,

I am using the option Append order info. This work for multiple payment methods, only PayPal doesn't seem to work correctly.
I am not sure if it is related to the auto returm option within PayPal after payment or a VM thing or OPC.
Perhaps you know!

My auto return address in Paypal is set to:
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=pluginresponsereceived

After payment I am redirect automaticallu to the website using this URL:
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=1796&pm=18&Itemid=0&lang=nl

URL is all fine. But it shows only the Paypal Success message and orderid AND not the other info.
The strange thing howerver, when I do a refresh, it show me the old info and the Append order info which I created.
So the thing is the refresh somehow or not the right return URL!
ptrouw@.....nl

Re: Paypal return page / thank you page

Postby admin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:05 am

hello paul, this seems to be an issue with the order of the plugins.

opc for this functionality uses two plugins: system - opctracking AND vmpayment - opctracking.

please make sure that vmpayment - opctracking is the LATEST plugin in it's group.

the reason why it detects and shows the article at the thank you page after the refresh is that once it's loaded first time the order is not yet updated and thus it "doesn't know". at the second refresh it detects that the order has been updated and thus it shows the article.

if this does not help, i can further invetigate.

other solution, which also works without OPC is to directly modify the paypal return page's template file which is located in
\plugins\vmpayment\paypal\paypal\tmpl\stdresponse.php

but right now i don't remember how to calculate the template override path for this.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x