Fed Ex Pricing Problem

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Fed Ex Pricing Problem

Postby george@.....com » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:41 am

I have successfully loaded the Park Beach System extension as recommended for Fed Ex shipping. It is working well in the test mode with RuposTel. I have setup free shipping for Fed Ex Ground which properly shows up as the default and shows "Free Shipping" before the total column (nice). BUT even when there is no address information entered and you use the drop down box to see what the cost of premium air shipment cost is, it is showing prices for each shipping option? There should be no pricing information shown until a customer enters his address information. When address information is added, it does properly show pricing. Can this be fixed in RuposTel or is this a Park Beach System problem?
george@.....com

Re: Fed Ex Pricing Problem

Postby admin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:24 pm

hello, if Fedex shows the prices or shipping before the address is entered, you may change the OPC's default address (bottom of the shippnig tab) to a non-existent address.

the best solution for this is to enable "customer initialized shipping" at the shipping tab which does not show any rate until the customer clicks the link to show the rates. With the combination of the default address and language string overrides you can either display the proper shipping rate or let know your customers that they must fill the address first.

also "delayed" shippnig (shipping tab) is recommended for all api based shipping methods like UPS, USPS, or Fedex.

if this does not do exactly what you'd need, let us know and i can check or tune this on your site.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x