OPC doesnt create shopper number ID

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

OPC doesnt create shopper number ID

Postby gestion@.....com » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi Stan

To reproduce the problem:

Register with joomla default register

You log in

Fill in the rest of the details in OPC, address, name, city etc in the checkout process

And you confirm the order.

Result: The defails of the customer are saved but no customer number/ ID is created.

If you go to "VM my account" page and click save, the customer ID will be created.
So I think there is a little bug here since I believe OPC should create the customer ID once the order is proceed no?

This solved for us the mistery of why we have so many users without customer ID and the reason is cause they registered via OPC (Doesn't seem to cause any serious trouble though)

Regards

VM 3.0.10 joomla 3.4.4 OPC 2.0.296.090915
gestion@.....com

Re: OPC doesnt create shopper number ID

Postby admin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:10 pm

hello, maybe some part of the system prevents the registration to be done (activation OR captcha). in some cases if an already existing username (or email) but with a wrong password is used for second registration attempt, this can lead to "no registration".

registration also depends on the type of the registration chosen in opc (optional / normal / silent / no registration).

i will contact you via skype to find out more about this for you.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby gestion@.....com » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 am

The type of registration we use is optional.

When the user registers via OPC with the "create account" the account is created correctly but the customer has no shopper number assigned until he saves the details in "VM account menu" or we save it from VM backend.

Don't know if this has any negative effect anyway.

Regards
gestion@.....com

Postby admin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:18 pm

hello manu, if opc's registration type is set to "optional" registration, no data are stored to the VM's user tables and they only stay at the Order details. you can switch the registraton type to normal if you want all your customers to have their data stored in user tables, so they can reload them later (with a password or similar)

let me know if this not the case.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x