Invoice data as ship address

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Invoice data as ship address

Postby andreazak » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:02 pm

hi, i want to know how can I set the basket to make the invoice is filled with the data of the shipping (via a checkbox)?
i need a field like this: "invoice data like shipping address?"
it's possible?
thank you
andrew.
andreazak

Re: Invoice data as ship address

Postby admin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:15 pm

hello andrew, if i understand correctly you'd like to switch logic of the Bill To (BT) and Ship To (ST) address, so that the ST would override the BT address provided for invoicing?

in core VM, by default, if ST is used, it is the only address used by the shipping to calculate costs and by the payment to validate the destination or else.

maybe what you'd want is to rename "Bill To" to "Ship to" and make the bill to obligatory.

please describe your needs a bit more, OPC right now does not provide a feature to alter the default behaviour of ST vs BT addresses. The ST can be disabled in OPC or there are other features related to this, but i am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

in matters of invocing data, opc supports a checkbox where you can mark a specified list of shopper fields which would unhide when this checkbox is pressed (this is handled in Bill To address).

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby andreazak » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:28 pm

hi Stan,
yes I need exactly what you say: "so that the ST would override the BT address provided for invoicing?"

I have a distributor who intends to register and made orders on behalf various customers .. (these customers are my customers), therefore, to avoid that the distributor registers as many times as clients, may register only once and insert the new shipment, but I wish that the bill was for the shipping address and not to my distributor. (maybe I need a multivendor)
I wrote in the forum of virtuemart as I hoped there was a native configuration but ...

I try other alternatives..
Thank you
andreazak

Postby admin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

hello, you should see both the bill to address and also the ship to address on the invoices and everywhere else.

some of my customers had done this by adding thousands of addresses (ship to) for a single login customer. OPC in this case turns on a special mode where the addresses load over ajax and can easily searched (with jquery chosen and ajax)

if you don't mind seeing the main customer data on the invoice this should do the job.

BUT if you'd like me to customize OPC to completely ignore the BT address, i could add a checkbox for this. it should not be that hard generally especially if the address fields match each other mostly. (but if not, what to do ? ... )

are those other customers already registered to your shop? did they enter all the data including the "missing BT" data such as email ?

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby andreazak » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:52 pm

if you don't mind seeing the main customer data on the invoice this should do the job.
yes is this the problem.

BUT if you'd like me to customize OPC to completely ignore the BT address, i could add a checkbox for this. it should not be that hard generally especially if the address fields match each other mostly.
you can add check-box on registration page and order page (on front-end) ? , then the distributor can decide to click check-box (and the owner website find invoice with only "ship to" data) and the usual customer can leave the check box empty ..

in any case I must still discuss with the owner of the site to better understand their needs.

Thank you for you support
Andrew
andreazak

Postby admin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm

hello andrew, i wrote you an email, pls contact us via the live chat or skype.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x