Minimum order quantity hides payment

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Minimum order quantity hides payment

Postby gestion@.....com » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:19 am

Hello Stan

We are now using "minimum order quantity" defined in our payments. When this value is not reached the payments simply hide but there is no warning for the customer.

I don't know if it could be possible to warn the customer that there is a minimum amount to proceed with the order.

We could make a warning in another place outside the cart but still I find confusing that payments are hidden without warning.

Any ideas?

Regards
gestion@.....com

Re: Minimum order quantity hides payment

Postby admin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:10 pm

hello, OPC does not realy know which conditions of the payment were not met and thus the message may be quite variable, but i can try to get the default message to be shown from VM.

in general OPC also support "vendor order minimum" where the checkout will display the notice and disable the bottom registration section if the minimum purchase value is not met. This would be a prefered solution, let me know if it shows all ok on your theme.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby gestion@.....com » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Stan thanks for info.

I tried the "vendor minimum order" which is a better solution, however the message "minum order amount X €" is shown always and duplicated, even if you add more quantity than the minimum required or if you add more and reload it from cart.

I think ideally this would only show if the minimum is not reached and dissapear if it reaches the quantity.

Here you can see how it is shown duplicated and even with quantity reached.

Regards
gestion@.....com

Postby admin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

hello Manu, i tried to replicate your first problem by having a single payment method (standard) with a very high minimum purchase value, but i always got an error message shown (No payment matches... ). Do you know what should i do to see no message to be shown for that case?

For the general order minimum value, it only takes into account the subtotal without shipping. The shipping is calculated (in hidden section) after the page loads and this cannot really be part of the order minimum.

let me know how to deal with this and what should i update or change.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x