Ajax doesn't work in Login, update Products

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Ajax doesn't work in Login, update Products

Postby Alejandro » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

I've just installed Rupostel Checkout and I have chosen the template 'ice_light_colorpicker', but when I update quantity products or I try to login, the page refresh. Do I need to change some configuration in the backend? Do all templates run with ajax?

Thanks.
Alejandro

Re: Ajax doesn't work in Login, update Products

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm

hello, each theme which is marked "_german" uses a full ajax refresh for all of the inputs - whole theme runs in a single form.

pls see the themes at the display tab and choose a one that would suit you the best.

some theme are compatible with "Ajaxify Cart" at the Display tab (german themes have this automatically enabled):

try this option to see if it enables the Ajax refresh of the product lines.

if the option above is enabled, different files are used to render quantity update controls and the coupon controls (so they don't include another form element).

if you needed the Icetheme (let us know which one exactly) to be 100 percent compatible with this feature, let us know and we can run tests for this. some themes which we did not find fully compatible with this option have this option disabled by it's own config override in /components/com_onepage/themes/YOUR OPC THEME/overrides/onepage.cfg.php and it may need to get deleted or adjusted to allow such feature:

(remove or alter this line to create theme's default settings)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby Alejandro » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi,

I have just put sandwich_german theme, but when I fail in the login form, the page redirect to error_login page (I want that only notificate in the form with ajax connection). In this theme, add or remove items in the cart run with ajax!.

Why login form doesn't run with ajax? if I run 'sandwitch_german' login with ajax, Could copy functions of german_theme to 'ice_light_colorpicker'?

Thanks.
Alejandro

Postby admin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

hello, yes, it would make sense to make this run over ajax, but it would break any compatiblity with any 3rd party login modules/plugins such as facebook/google login and similar which require a real post to be done or very specific logic. also in matters of security it's not a good practice to allow login via ajax, but it should be possible in general.

one of the problems with the login is that joomla by defualt does the redirect after the login (either to the specificied return URL or to it's default error URL). if we skipped this part of joomla logic to the login, then further security questions would arise. Some browsers do the redirect even when it comes over ajax (ie7 and possibly ie8 as well) of the whole page.

secondly, also the userfields / shopper groups and related payment and shipping plugins / would need to get reloaded (over ajax) at once and we found it much faster to use a real post for this, then to update whole checkout over ajax.

but yes, we can add such an option at least to capture the error URL and do the POST (refresh) for a sucessfull login.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby Alejandro » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the answer!, I didn't know these problems. And after all, login form is not necessary to use Ajax for a good experience of the user.

Thank you!
Alejandro

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x