problem with fields and their order

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

problem with fields and their order

Postby info@.....nl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:32 pm

hi there,

i have 2 problems within my one page setup / VM3

1)
when you register you can leave various fields (address, postal code, city), this works.

but...

then, when you buy a product and have to leave your details, the address, city, postcal code fields are empty again within our environment: http://www.wijnwarenhuis.be
(conclusion: not all profile information (fields) are being copied into the VM profile. What to do best? remove all fields when setup up an account, and only display those fields when ordering (end-screen). or is there a way to....

2)
In the last step of the shop (shipping details) the order of fields is highly unlogic, and can't be re-ordered.

please check print screen

the ordering within VM in the backend, does not work for this part of fields.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 12.23.32.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 12.23.32.png (106.88 KiB) Viewed 7549 times
info@.....nl

Re: problem with fields and their order

Postby admin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:21 pm

hello, first of all make sure that none of the fields except "terms of service" and "customer notes" are marked as cart fields in your VM shopper field configuration. ( i need to add an error message if these are found because they cannot be used as a real address fields... they are only order-related, not customer-related)

to check the styles, i'd suggest to :
- enable and/or disable OPC's bootstrap at the Display tab, section theme
- switch the theme at the display tab to a one that suits your Joomla/VM theme the best
- if none suits you the best, i can help with styling in up to 1 hour of work in standard OPC subscription

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:13 pm

hi
i did disabled f.e. postcal code (dutch: postcode) as cart field.

now here (register form for shop):
http://www.wijnwarenhuis.be/mijn-profiel/edit
its still there (knowing that these fields are useless for order info)

so i am puzzled here. how to kill those fileds in the register form but have them in the last (one page checkout) screen, so the shopper only needs to fill them out ONCE.

thx
emel
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:02 pm

hello emel, pls write us an email if you'd like us to swiftly check and fix your issues.

i believe that most of your problems are caused by "cart fields" as described here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1206

pls follow the guide at the above link and see if fixes all your field problems. (ajax/reordering or anything else)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x