Problem with Istraxx quantity plugin

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Problem with Istraxx quantity plugin

Postby peter@.....com » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

My config: OPC 2.0.286.664.210515, Joomla 3.4.3, VM 3.0.9

Hi Stan, I have started using the Istraxx Quantity Plugin to provide quantity-based discounts (e.g. 1 shirt for €22.50, 2 shirts for €39). This means a €3 discount per product is given when the quantity is 2 or more.

The plugin gives the right output on the product details page, the amount is also correct in the shoppingcart module whenever the quantity is changed.

But ... on the OPC checkout page, the addition is wrong. When only 1 product is in the cart, the item price is displayed correctly but the discount is also applied, resulting in a wrong subtotal (see screen1.jpg).

When the quantity is raised to 2, then all the numbers are correct (screen2.jpg).

Can you help out in getting the right numbers based on the minimum quantity in the Istraxx plugin? Thanks!
Attachments
screen1.jpg
QTY = 1
screen1.jpg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
screen2.jpg
QTY = 2
screen2.jpg (88.04 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
peter@.....com

Re: Problem with Istraxx quantity plugin

Postby peter@.....com » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:16 am

Hi, I found out 2 more things:

1. the price in the dropdown minicart is also wrong (except on the cart page, strange), so it's probably not an OPC issue
2. when I disable the 'Combine childs/Variants' checkbox in the calculation rule settings (screen3.jpg), then the price is displayed perfectly - problem gone!

However, I really want to use this setting so customers can combine different variants to get a discount. I know it's really an Istraxx issue, but do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Peter
Attachments
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (189.53 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
peter@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:27 pm

hello, yes, the latest VM3 may break some calculation stuff, therefore i'd suggest to check this with OPC disabled and update to the latest VM3 (BETA !!!) build which i uploaded here:

http://www.rupostel.com/svn3/com_virtuemart.3.0.10.zip
and
http://www.rupostel.com/svn3/com_virtue ... xt_aio.zip

ideally if you are still not yet in production. The VM3 build is from yesterday (17.8.2015). I suggest OPC294+ which automatically disables cache in vmplugin.php which fixes shipping+coupon calculation issues when used with OPC (or other extensions).

if you'd be getting an issue with this, i'd suggest to contact Max (Istraxx company) via "submit a ticket" at virtuemart.net who is reponsible for his quantity plugin.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:31 pm

hello, i just updated the links to the today's build and notified the VM team to do a few tests with quantity plugin.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby peter@.....com » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Ok thanks! I just had a skype call with the Istraxx plugin developer and he is aware of the problem now. He will update the plugin soon to correct for this error. Note: the error is not caused by OPC, it is an issue with the quantity plugin itself.
peter@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x