Clear customer fields after checkout

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Clear customer fields after checkout

Postby hobbypartner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 am

After checkout if the customer use the site again the customer fields are still filled in (also for not logged in customers)
This is not only address but also the check mark for TOS which is then marked as default.
Is there someway to clear the customer data after checkout?
hobbypartner

Re: Clear customer fields after checkout

Postby admin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:16 pm

hello, this depends on your session timeout.

VM or Joomla clears session on:
- timeout (lifetime) set up in Joomla general configuration, i would suggest a value around 180 minutes for a site with less then 10 000 users per day, for higher traffic, you'd need a more robust session handling (file + ramdisk + cron)
- joomla clears all data upon logout (the session ID is resetted and thus the data do not get recalled)

some extensions:
- our vmcart reload plugin
- 3rd party cart reload plugins

may reload the cart's data incl. the address per a cookie which has a much higher timeout. if this is the case, let us know what would be the appropriate logic for you.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby hobbypartner » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Is there anyway to clear the session after checkout is completed (without regards to time set in Joomla global configuration)?
hobbypartner

Postby admin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:53 pm

hello, yes, it's possible to unlog the user programatically:

try this setting: "Log out shopper before and after purchase (from Joomla)" at the registrtion tab.

if the checkout does not register the user (due to an error or configuration) then another logic would be required.

at which event do you want to clear the user data?

by default when you click "cancel" in Paypal, the user data are still available at the checkout. if you'd like to clear the data only for Confirmed orders, i would suggest to alter your own payment plugins to do this as they are the only part in VM which reliably sets the order status.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby hobbypartner » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:31 am

The problem is that I dont want to have registered shoppers at the moment, only "guests".
Then I don´t have anyone to logoput?

I want the TOS and customer fields cleared after the order gets confirmed so if the guest makes one more order they have to check the TOS
hobbypartner

Postby admin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:16 pm

hello, i disabled it in your theme, i can further check it on your site, but it also may come from some autocomplete plugins in your browsers.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x