Blank page with VM 3.0.8

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Blank page with VM 3.0.8

Postby peter@.....com » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi, I just installed VM 3.0.8 on my development server dev.saintbasics.com.
Everything seems to work normal except I get a blank page on clicking the 'buy now' button.

Procedure:
login
select a product
go to cart
click 'buy now' -> blank page

My config:
Joomla 3.4.1
OPC 2.0.286.100415
VM 3.0.8

I assume it's a conflict between OPC and the new VM. Can you confirm this?
peter@.....com

Re: Blank page with VM 3.0.8

Postby socialsteam » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:27 am

I experienced the same issue with 3.0.7 and 3.0.8 though I assumed the issue was due to using a custom template (Reviver) that had not been updated for those versions yet. The blank page was happening for me even before installing OPC for the first time, so I don't think it's a bug with this extension.

Have you tried it with a clean out of the box Joomla template like Bees?
socialsteam

Postby peter@.....com » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Strange ... I switched to a default template and then back to my custom template, now the problem is gone. Some cache issue?
peter@.....com

Postby gestion@.....com » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:46 pm

I dont have this issue guys, but when I install a new version I always save settings in vm and OPC, then I clear caché, in my case it works perfectly.

Regards
gestion@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:10 pm

hello, we located an issue in the latest release which is related to some of the opc extensions' tracking which load as a first event and they wrongly get called also at the backend.

if this is the case, we suggest to disable "opctrackingsystem" system plugin and in the worse case once the backend is not available, we suggest to rename /plugins/system/opctrackingsystem to /plugins/system/opctrackingsystem_removed and disable it within opc over the backend.

we will be releasing a fix for this case very soon.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:17 pm

if you say, you switched the theme there and back and the issue is gone, i suggest to check your Itemid (menu associations), it's suggested that VM's cart + both OPC's views are assigned to at least to a hidden menu and you set an OPC's checkout/thank you page Itemid withi it's config (it's per language setting)

Also we noticed recently:

On some themes which use Joomla Art's T3 framework (reviver or all joomla's art themes) we strongly suggest that joomla's art's plugin is called before "opc system (System - RuposTel One Page Checkout Master Plugin (OPC)) " plugin. I cannot suggest an exact name of the T3 plugin (try T3 framework, or ja-? plugins) as they change from theme to theme.

it's a known issue with T3 framework which overrides many Joomla's core files (could also be a security risk if they are not updated often) that if any other plugin intializes some of the core classes before the T3 plugin, the T3 plugin incorrectly tries to re-include the same class name with a different file path causing a blank page.

To find out all of your hidden issues or to get the actuall error, we suggest to try or use our fatal catcher plugin from here:
http://www.rupostel.com/plg_system_fata ... 5_or_3.zip

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby peter@.....com » Sat May 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks Stan, I use a custom template based on T3. I moved the T3 plugin to the top of the list, these are my test results:
OPC 2.0.286.100415 + VM 3.0.8: blank page on 'submit'
OPC 2.0.284.260215 + VM 3.0.8: no error on 'submit'
peter@.....com

Postby mirjamskie » Sun May 10, 2015 7:31 pm

I have upgraded Joomla 2.5 to 3.4.1 and VM2 to VM3.0.8. Re-installed OPC: 2.0.286.100415 ; PHP 5.6.7
When I go to 'cart' I get a blank screen (source reveals: <div id="vmMainPageOPC"><div class="opc_unlogged_wrapper" id="opc_ )
In the log I find "1 Call to undefined method shopFunctionsF::getComUserOption() in file: <...>/icetheme_thestore_custom/onepage.unlogged.tpl.php

Do you have any suggestions? I enabled/disabled 'Generate OPC config javascript file' and 'Load jQuery' in OPC without succes
mirjamskie

Postby admin » Mon May 11, 2015 3:17 pm

hello, this function is deprecated and removed in vm3 and i suggest to change the function to just 'com_users' , i would need to check your opc theme's php at your site. OR you can switch the a core opc theme.

prior code (cca):
$userOption = shopFunctionsF::getComUserOption();

new code:
$userOption = 'com_users';

i am not sure how the the "$userOption" called on your setup, you may need to adjust.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby mirjamskie » Tue May 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks, that solved it.
Kind regards, Huub
mirjamskie

Next

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x