VM coupons vs Awo coupons

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

VM coupons vs Awo coupons

Postby gestion@.....com » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi Stan

I noticed an issue with coupons.

We have awocoupons installed but we use a 3rd party extension that creates default vm coupons http://vmpoints.com/

However the problem is not with this 3rd party extensions but with default vm coupons.

If we create a coupon with awo coupon it works in OPC.

If we create a default gift coupon in vm directly it doesnt work, it shows no message.

If we click the option "dont use ajax for coupons" when we introduce the coupon created directly in vm 2 messages show, coupon accepted and below coupon not found.
------------------------------

We tried searching for an option in OPC to tell we want to use both awo and default coupons.
We dont really need awo coupons just default vm coupons to work, will unistalling awo make this work?

Regards

Using vm 3.0.6.4 joomla 3.4.1 OPC 2.0.285.120315

EDIT: Unpublishing awo coupons starter makes vm coupons work again.

I only miss in OPC a message saying "coupon accepted or not accepted" it doesnt show anything. If the code is correct applies discount simply.
gestion@.....com

Re: VM coupons vs Awo coupons

Postby gestion@.....com » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:27 pm

1. For now we have set "dont use ajax for coupons" this makes the message "correct coupon applied" appear however it removes the option to remove the coupon from cart.

2. If you first select payment then enter coupon code and press save the payment selected is changed to the one by default. This makes some customers choose the wrong payment.

Regards
gestion@.....com

Re: VM coupons vs Awo coupons

Postby admin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 pm

hello manu, i can test this, but it's important that all your coupon solutions are cross compatible. the VM may think that coupon is not found if any of them return a wrong value...

also please check if Awo's config for "enable VM coupons" is enabled.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x