Cart empty

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Cart empty

Postby maria@.....com » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 pm

If i add a product the site goes to the cart , then i click on continue shopping and it goes back to the product, So far so good. But when i go to my menu where i made a link ( via back end ) to the VM cart i see an empty cart.... ??

I noticed that the cart link is ...../cart.html
but all the times a product is added to the cart and the cart is shown the link is www://sitename/ category / product / cart.html

Edit : when i disable Onepage everything works fine in the standard vM
maria@.....com

Re: Cart empty

Postby admin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:08 pm

hello, this issue may be caused by various factors, please make sure that:
- any "system - cache" or gavick cache or other cache systems either as plugins, or within the theme config are disabled, or they state that they do support Virtuemart
- make sure that there are no errors, notices or anything else shown on your site, sometimes error reporting can break session handling, to fix this you may want to disable error reporting in Joomla to "none"

i can have a look on your issue, please send us your URL to our email at info@rupostel.com. I will also need your backend access to check your config and caching.

best regards, stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby maria@.....com » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:34 pm

all cache is off and noticed that with beez template also doe noet work but with the protostar joomla template all works fine. therefore a template problem....

the only strange thing is that after clicking the order button the product goes in to the cart and then the one page is shown, the link is the always the full product link with cart.hmtl at the end.... that i find strange that it does not go to mainsite.xxx/cart.html
maria@.....com

Postby maria@.....com » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 pm

I found a mistake with firebug

TypeError: jQuery(...).live is not a function cart.html:654:5
Object { readyState: 4, getResponseHeader: .ajax/v.getResponseHeader(), getAllResponseHeaders: .ajax/v.getAllResponseHeaders(), setRequestHeader: .ajax/v.setRequestHeader(), overrideMimeType: .ajax/v.overrideMimeType(), statusCode: .ajax/v.statusCode(), abort: .ajax/v.abort(), state: .Deferred/d.state(), always: .Deferred/d.always(), then: .Deferred/d.then()

found in components/com_onepage/assets/js/onepage.js 4038:3

no idea what it means but since my cart is with ajax...
maria@.....com

Postby maria@.....com » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 am

I managed to get it working. i downloaded original template and via ftp put the map template/js/ back and all is working fine
maria@.....com

Postby admin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 pm

hello maria, the other error jQuery(...).live does not come from OPC (it's not used there..). if you can update to Joomla 3.4, it uses also a jQuery compatiblity library which loads jquery functions which are backward compatible with jQuery 1.6 and also 1.9.

your error comes from mixing extensions that run under jquery 1.6 and jquery 1.9

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby MAD King » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm

I have the same issue. When I add a product into the cart is shows it, but when I click to another product the product disappears in the VirtueMart Shopping Cart module.
When I disable OPC, it works normal.

Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable
PHP Version 5.4.38
VirtueMart 3.0.6.2

EDIT: THIS IS A VM ISSUE. PLEASE UPDATE TO THE LATEST VM VERSION
MAD King

Postby admin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:51 pm

hello, this issue is usually caused by broken session.

usually the session breaks when you are using a cookie control plugins which clear cookies on each page request. pls check the cookie settings for this purpose. the cookie is the only information that pairs the individual customer's browser with his cart content.

another reason for the cookie/session problem may be caused by automatic session creation by a generated output (a VM error reporting) before Joomla starts it's own session.

make sure your debugging is disabled, you are using no incompatible system cache plugins and the error reporting is disabled everywhere possible.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x