when you will fix the cache plugin for virtuemart 3?

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

when you will fix the cache plugin for virtuemart 3?

Postby a.avrahami » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 am

did you have a deadline?
a.avrahami

Re: when you will fix the cache plugin for virtuemart 3?

Postby socialsteam » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 am

I'm also interested in some extra caching. Hoping this plugin will help. Cart performance is very slow for me. I've tried a few things like memcached and xcache. But nothing speeds up the cart page.
socialsteam

Re: when you will fix the cache plugin for virtuemart 3?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:28 pm

hello, to speed the cart with opc, we suggest:
- delayed shipping (so it's not loaded within the same thread / time as the cart page loads) -> some shipping methods ignore this and set the shipping even outside their proper events... but in 99 percent cases this speeds up the load
- you can try to enable/disable "Generate OPC config javascript file" at the general tab (depending on your bottleneck, this will either write opc's script into the html OR within a javascript file, if your IO is slow, you may want to write it to the html directly, option should be disabled)
- make sure that everysingle plugin of types vmpayment + vmshipment which are not used within virtuemart are disabled within your joomla plugin config (this will speed up events in all virtuemart)
- disable all system plugin which are not used susch as "system - log" "system - debug" or else

make sure your hosting returns all javascript/css pre-compressed with mod_rewrite and it does not slow down your site

any sort of optimalization is always a matter of:

RAM vs CPU vs IO

you cannot really optimize all 3 at once, therefore if you are using a "css/js compression plugins" this can indeed slow down your CPU that much, that the load would be slower if not using them.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x