Discount for direct payment

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Discount for direct payment

Postby rudini » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi,

I need to set a discount for direct payment. Exemple: for paypal, use the full price, but when someone choose money transfer a discount should be apply on final price.
How to do that? I tried to set a price/tax rule, but I can't find a way to limited it to a one method of payment. the rule apply to hole site, all prices before checkout.
Could some one give a tip?
Thanks
rudini

Re: Discount for direct payment

Postby admin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm

hello, you ca try to enter a negative FEE within the payment method's configuration, but depending on your tax config, this can be very complicated. VM may not be able to properly calculated the tax rates for the payment fees.

best regards, stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby rudini » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:18 pm

I did that, and it is calculating ok. But the filter at plugin payment are not working. The discount is been apply to all methods of payment. Not only fot those I choose the "negative tax" i created.
Dou you know what can be? or it is a bug?
Thanks
rudini

Postby admin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 pm

hello, i would suggest to try to update VM and see if the problem persists. also pls check if the problem can be replicated when opc is disabled and if yes, maybe you can report this to VM forums and once and forever this issue would get fixed in core VM.

other fix includes:
- change tax settings for other payment methods (and shipping methods) to NONE and see if it fixes the problem.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x