Multiple status payment confirmation

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Multiple status payment confirmation

Postby Mobicentertebro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:01 pm

With many orders we got multiple times the status "Transaction status received from PSP: SUCCES"
And in some cases even when the order already is sent or completed.
See the image attached:

Translation from Dutch to Englisch:

Betaling binnen = Payment received
Order verzonden = Order shipped
Order afgehandeld = Order completed.

In the image you can see that the order status is sent back from Order Shipped to Payment received.
And even one time from Order Completed to Payment received.

The most annoying about it is, that with every order status change the customer also get an email.
So customers are complaining about it.

This all doesn't happen to all orders but if i have to estimate how often I think it happens with about 10 % of the orders.

And of course my question now is how this can happen, but most important how can we solve this issue.

We already contacted our payment service provider. They have looked thoroughly some cases, but found no issues in their system.
We also contacted the builder of the payment plugin, but they also think it has nothing to do with their plugin.

And therefore I ask it here and we hope to find a solution. We already checked "Email Fix VM3" in the settings of OPC.

For your information:
At the moment we use OPC 2.0.337 ( I now see there is a newer version, but we don't getting the updates automatically within the backend of Joomla) Joomla 3.7.1 and Virtuemart 3.2.2.

So any advice on this is welcome!
Attachments
payments.PNG
payments.PNG (23.13 KiB) Viewed 12837 times
Mobicentertebro

Re: Multiple status payment confirmation

Postby admin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 pm

hello, the order status change in OPC is only triggered if:
- see AFTER CHECHKOUT TAB
- for Email fix1 + Email fix 2 or any other order status or email related features.
- zero total related features

generally the order status is updated via IPN such paypal (or else) robots which "ping" your site about the result of the payment. if your provider does this more ofthen, then the plugin which manages this should be capable of knowing that the status did not change and thus not trigger another change.

i believe the status is updated via one of your payment plugins (check the full list in joomla plugins of type vmpayment). i suggest to disable all your payment plugins and do a test with some standard payment plugins (such as the standard which is used for cash on delivery or bank wire).

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby Mobicentertebro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that the issue only occurs with payment method iDeal.
The other payment methods are: Paypal (standard VM) and cash on pickup.

So we can assume the problem is within the iDeal payment plugin.

Now we are considering to buy and install another payment plugin.
The one we use now is for free, but maybe not the best.

Francis
Mobicentertebro

Postby admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm

hello Francis, i believe if you write about this to the developer of the iDeal plugin, they should know how to fix this easily. if you couldn't manage this, i can help with this, but ideally after 1st july.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby administratie@.....nl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:31 pm

The issue is still there. With some orders, it occurs.
I now have discoverd which triggers the multiple payment status confirmation.
I have investigated the acces server logs from the website, and at the time the payment status confirmation is sent for a second (or even more) time, the "thank you page, with payment confirmation " has visited again somehow. The link I found in the log looks like: like /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&pm=16&order_id=xx1111111 order_code=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1" 200 12846 "https://www.paymentprovider.com/paymentview/issuer/select/ideal/codexxxxx , f

By just visiting the link of the order confirmation page, I have reproduced the issue and the order was set back from "status completed" to "payment received" .
So somehow I think customers add the order confirmation page to their favorites in their browser and visit it again, which triggers the second (our even more often), payment confirmation status change.

Is it something within OPC which can prevent, changing the order status again to "payment received"? Or that it is not possible to visit the "order confirmation page again".
Or maybe you have other suggestions?
administratie@.....nl

Postby admin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm

hello, putting the URL itself into the browser (i.e. using GET) should not update the order status as far as it does not contain the payment data information (for example a returned status from the payment provider and some hashing mechanism to check it). if it does, then some 3rd party extension - maybe the payment plugin itself updates it for some reason.

paypal should indeed do POST to the URL mentioned which should include other information such as the status of the payment, customer information and other information.

i can help you debug this to the plugin/code which does this, but please let me know at email at info@rupostel.com and i will take care.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby administratie@.....nl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello,

Last saturday I have send you an email.

Kind regards,

Francis
administratie@.....nl

Postby admin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:18 pm

hello Francis, i remember reading it on my mobile during the weekend, but i just cannot find your email (administratie@w....r.nl). it might had included a keyword that moved it to an area which i cannot find as i am receiving a few thousands emails daily and they must get categorized.

we almost never work during the weekends, otherwise we would not be able to work during the week. only emergency support can be provided during the weekeds (usually server administration related)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x