Two Issues with OPC

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Two Issues with OPC

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:42 am

I am using OPC version 2.0.252.280714 with Virtuemart version 2.6.6. I am having two issues...

Issue #1 - When checking out with a different ship to address, and a customer makes an error entering their credit card information, an error is generated as it should be, returning the customer back to the checkout screen. However, their bill to information is wiped out and their ship to address information now shows up as their billing information, and the ship to section is gone, forcing the customer to re-enter their billing information and ship to information all over again. You can see this happen on our site at http://www.wiringproducts.com. Fill out both bill to and ship to sections, then enter some incorrect credit card info and click 'confirm purchase'

Issue #2 - Although I have not been able to replicate the issue, some customers are calling us complaining that they cannot enter a different ship to address. The box is there to check that they want to enter a different ship to address, but when they check it, no fields drop down to allow them to enter their ship to information. What could cause this to happen? Perhaps their browser security settings are too high or javascript is turned off? Maybe there is a way to always show the ship to fields and a customer can enter a different address if they want or just skip over the ship to section if they don't?
christopherjmonk@.....com

Re: Two Issues with OPC

Postby admin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:46 pm

hello, thank you for reporting these, i had checked the n.1 one issue and i replicated it on our demos and fixed it right away - i will send you the build for your evaluation of the problem.

regarding the second issue, i guess it would be nice to know if it's related to "logged in customers only". most design malfunction are caused by javascript problems mostly on IE8 or Safari browsers.

within a few last opc versions we added a special code to load "shipping addresses" of logged in users with AJAX especially those that have many addresses created. (we added threashold of 10 ST addresses). This was done to support special cases of business customers who require 1000 addresses per logged in users. We added search (vm's chosen javascript) and ajax loader to the ST addresses. Please see if this AJAXified ST list for logged in users works as intended on your site. Sometimes the "search script" causes problems which may need to get fixed.

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:32 am

Issue 1 appears to be fixed and working, although now the default shipping country (lowest priority) does not show up when you first visit the checkout page, forcing the customer to select the country themselves. When they select the country during the checkout process, it erases the state they previously selected two fields above it. Since 99% of our orders are sent within the United States, it is nice to already have this field filled in when a customer visits the checkout page and prevents them from having to go back up and select their state again.

Issue 2 - The problem with the missing shipto fields is happening to customers who are not logged in. I have been able to replicate their problem by disabling javascript in my browser. This will create a condition where the check box to select a different ship to address is visible, but after clicking the box, no ship to fields will display. Perhaps you can fix this issue by checking if javascript is turned on, and if it is not, automatically display the ship to fields for the customer to fill out if they have a different ship to address.

Please see attached images.
Attachments
OPC-Checkout-2.jpg
Default Country not selected
OPC-Checkout-2.jpg (84.37 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
OPC-Checkout-1.jpg
no fields with ship to checked
OPC-Checkout-1.jpg (149.39 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
christopherjmonk@.....com

Postby admin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:56 am

hello christopher, this happens on the dev release between the 257 and next 258 version that i might had sent you, pls check the today's email where i've sent you the very latest opc build that should fix both of your issues.

currently we are concentrating on both vm3 and vm2 which makes it complicated to make it work on both platforms as intended, but we are getting very close with the upcoming release.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2