Checkout not proceeding

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Checkout not proceeding

Postby simonJae » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 am

Hi there OPC
I am experiencing an odd situation - the checkout page appears and functions correctly; though on submitting the order, the page goes blank and then no further.

With each 'Submit' a huge file is also created at the top level directory of some 17-18mb titled "core.0000"

I have checked the database tables - they appear clean, though no new shopper is added

Joomla 2.5.26 | VM 2.6.8 | OPC - 2.0.214.121213

Thanks in advance, Simon
simonJae

Re: Checkout not proceeding

Postby admin » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 pm

hello simon, the blank page means a fatal error, can you pls provide us the error's text by following the guide on how to enable the error reporting:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=990

oh, this was resolved yesterday over FTP. if you still get any sort of blank screen or a fatal error, let us know.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:59 am

hi Stan

Thanks for your help yesterday... I felt it was all resolved! But...

In one of your last comments you asked about these "core" files appearing. I logged in (FTP) this morning to find maybe 10plus of them... any suggestions?

Simon
simonJae

Postby admin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25 am

hello simon, while i was working on your site, i learnt what these files really mean.

these files are generated upon a segfault of php processor. these segfaults should never happen under normal circumstances and they are usually caused by a bug within the php processor itself. if the problem would be replicable by repeating the same action which creates them, i could trace the problem to a single buggy function which i could replace by another one.

BUT to fix this problem for 100% i suggest that you update your php. as you said that you are running your own VPS i would suggest to upgrade php to 5.5.x which is much more faster than the 5.3.x and i have a good personnal experience with it on our production servers. i must say that we see much much less such segfaults than we did on old 5.2.x.

since php 5.6 was just released, the php 5.3 is no longer supported and thus if any security problem is found, you will have lot's of problems with your sites.

if you can afford some downtime, i can help you update your php over ssh access if you have root priviliges as i do also linux administration.

example of the segfaults:
- when you are running your php (fpm) under chroot-ed enviroment, which you probably do, you may be missing links to the proper directories such as /dev /lib /run or similar within the home of the chroot
- this would cause a missing linked libraries from php and thus could trigger the segfault (dns would not work, email would probably not work)

another examples:
- i see lot's fixe from php5.3.26 to the latest here:
http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.3.29
any part of the code using any of the functions or objects listed at the above changelog would trigger the segfault.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Stan

I just tried to change the PHP version - the server is running up to 5.5; though when set to 5.5 (and also 5.4) and then going into the Admin area, NOTHING (except the header and the word "Aministration") is visible - nothing?

Simon

(its 9.24pm here - I am on Skype as "simon_grae" if that is easier - thanks)
simonJae

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:36 pm

here is a snap shot of the CPanel configs for 5.3 and 5.5 - don't know if its a help

Simon
Attachments
CPanel_snap1.jpg
CPanel_snap1.jpg (186.15 KiB) Viewed 18630 times
simonJae

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Stan

.... damn... I am not getting Admin at all now!!! The shop front is ok though??
simonJae

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Stan... Admin has come back

If I switch over to 5.4/5... should I expect some delay before Admin responds - ie 10 minutes etc?
simonJae

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Got it running under PHP 5.4

It is faster... I can certainly tell. Though I am am now getting an error message -

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home/shopmax/public_html/cart14/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512

... yes!!! ... and fixed this with - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=727280 > decondelite

SO we are back to checking these "core" files with each purchase... I will get back to you.

Thanks for being there Stan, appreciated

Simon
simonJae

Postby simonJae » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Stan...

An interesting side effect of this "fix" was OPC now displays the even the default VM image "Product Image Not Available" which it had not done before
simonJae

Next

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2