Email field label doesn't disappear when filled

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Email field label doesn't disappear when filled

Postby info@.....cz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:04 am

Hello,
I've found a little bug which can be pretty annoying.
I've updated OPC from 2.0.252 to 2.0.254 and noticed that the email field changed behaviour.

I can see that there's been a change - the email text is red until its format is correct - nice feature :) but the label "E-mail" doesn't disappear when I click into the field. Other fields work flawlessly.
This is how it looks, I think the problem is obvious:

I've done some tests, it's okay in 2.0.252, but broken already in 2.0.253 as well as 2.0.254. I'm wasn't sure if it's not just a cache issue so I took Chrome, wiped every cache and stuff and the problem was still there. It's bugged in Firefox as well, so I guess it's not a browser-related issue.

Am I the only one with this bug or no one has noticed yet? Anyway, thanks for any help in advance.
info@.....cz

Re: Email field label doesn't disappear when filled

Postby admin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:31 pm

hello, please press F12 in google chrome, click tab Console and send us the printscreen. it seems like your javascript is broken and i can advise solution if i see the error message.

if you are running one of the latest opc versions, but the theme is based on a year old OPC version, you may need to copy "tabcontent.js" file from core OPC installation package to your modified "three column theme".

if you are using version OPC 2.0.252 together with Akeeba Tools that modified your .htaccess, either contact akeeba that "their software prevents loading of cached javascripts from the cache directory." or upgrade to OPC2.0.254 and make sure that this checkbox is NOT checked:

in previous versions (in 2.0.252, 253) it was enabled by default and there was no option within the backend.

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....cz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello,
just to let you know - I got busy fixing up other stuff but now I got to update to 2.0.257 and the problem is gone. I've updated T3 Framework meanwhile so that might have been the cause as it's full of javascript. So it was probably a javascript error.
The template was current - I use one of those you provide and restyle it in my CSS with overrides. And I use only Akeeba Backup and Kickstarter and neither of them modifies .htaccess in any way. So it must have been the javascript.

Anyway, the problem is solved and I got better in using Chrome developer tools (I've been using Opera Dragonfly and Firebug only so far),
so thank you :)
info@.....cz

Postby admin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:02 pm

hello, the problem with the email field is caused by us where we changed the type of the input of the email from type="text" to type="email" so there is browser field validation which is useful especially on mobiles (different keyboard is shown)

to make your custom theme compatible with this change, you can do this:
- copy list_user_fields.tpl.php from core three column themes overrided directory in: /components/com_onepage/themes/three_column_blue/overrides/list_user_fields.tpl.php

to your custom theme directory:
/components/com_onepage/themes/three_column_blue_custom/overrides/list_user_fields.tpl.php

or you can edit the file manually:

locate this line:
Code: Select all
$field['formcode'] = str_replace('type="text"', 'onfocus="inputclear(this)" type="text"', $field['formcode']);

and add another line:
Code: Select all
$field['formcode'] = str_replace('type="text"', 'onfocus="inputclear(this)" type="text"', $field['formcode']);
$field['formcode'] = str_replace('type="email"', 'onfocus="inputclear(this)" type="email"', $field['formcode']);

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2