Please choose the right carrier for selected country

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Please choose the right carrier for selected country

Postby christabel.abdilla@.....com » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi

I know there are other posts regarding the stated problem but we never had this problem before. Basically we have a set of taxes and calculations for all the users i.e. VAT, ECO tax etc... we also have another set of taxes and calculations depending on the shopper group of the user i.e. profit margin for normal user is 15% and another profit margin for a set of shopper group is 8 % and so on....

The shipping methods have all the users listed ... So all shopper groups have the same set of shipping methods.

Payment methods also depend on the shopper group.

We never had this problem before... Can anyone help please?

Thanks
christabel.abdilla@.....com

Re: Please choose the right carrier for selected country

Postby admin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 pm

hello christabel, i'd need to see your site for this, please write us an email to info@rupostel.com.

do you see your proper rates? or do you just get the message problem?

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby joomla@.....de » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:51 pm

i think i have a equivalent problem.
Use J!2.5.27 with VM 2.9.9e and OPC Build 2.0.258.
see: http://entw.zweimassenschwungrad.com

If i call the checkout site with my own modified "sandwitch"-template (works fine with VM 2.6.10 and OPC 2.0.250) I get a blank white page. Why I can't use my own template?

Then I select the original sandwitch-Template and get the checkout-Page, but the shipment method list now has all(!) entries i have.

In backend OPC register layout is destroyed. It is displayed below each other.

Stan, Please help.
joomla@.....de

Postby joomla@.....de » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Have now tried on J! .3.3.6 Update. So does the shipment method selection in the checkout. Unfortunately, my admin area is no longer available through the J! Update.
joomla@.....de

Postby admin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:05 pm

hello, we are working very hard on vm3 and joomla3 compatiblity. it is strongly recommended to keep updated opc with every opc release. we can send you our latest dev release where we fixed a few bugs within vm3 on joomla3.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby joomla@.....de » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:10 pm

hello, we are working very hard on vm3 and joomla3 compatiblity.

I know, you make a great job!
Of course, it's not easy. i spent 3 days to upgrade an vm-project from 2.5.27 to 3.3.6. without success. I need the new mutlilang functions of vm2.9.9 ...

it is strongly recommended to keep updated opc with every opc release.

I always use the latest version

we can send you our latest dev release where we fixed a few bugs within vm3 on joomla3.

Okay, i will test it.
joomla@.....de

Postby joomla@.....de » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 pm

J!2.5.27+VM 2.9.9:
1. FE: Can not use my template clone sandwitch_custom_zms. get a blank white page. sandwitch works fine.
2. BE: OPC register layout is destroyed. It is displayed below each other.
3. FE/BE: Shipments Fee is "(free)". The reason for this issue is not OPC. vm has problems to convert tax rule correct if i upgrade, so that shipment_cost gets 0.00 as result in form but in database table i can see a correct price.

J!-Upgrade from 2.5.27 to 3.3.6 is not possible. The joomla-updater never ends - stops with incessant hard drives write activities at 82% (?!?!). I don't know the reason, perhaps vm or jDiction (is compatible to J!3)
joomla@.....de

Postby admin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm

hello,

1. can you pls check with error reporting on (both in joomla global config AND also VM debugging enabled) what errror do you get on your modified sandwitch theme?
2. i fixed an improper ID within the backend, which should fix the registration tab.
3. i did many fixes within opc 259 in address related problems, so this can potentionally fix your issue

4. maybe you can try to disable ALL plugins before update (especially system plugins)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby joomla@.....de » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 am

1. first i switch the vm error reporting mode to all. then I call the checkout page with my modified sandwitch theme - get i white page again but not any error in com_virtuemart.log.php or error.php
Tested under J!2.5.27 and vm2.9.9e and opc 2.0.258.340.101014 .
2. I press the rename theme button an get the same issue, blank page.
3. I switch back to default sandwitch theme - all is fine.
4. try riviver and rokettheme_blue themes - same issue, blank page.
joomla@.....de

Postby joomla@.....de » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:11 am

Now i know the reason: there are differences between the versions of onepage.unlogged.tpl.php. I fear my file in modified sandwitch theme is older.
joomla@.....de

Next

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2