jquery conflict on checkout pages only

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

jquery conflict on checkout pages only

Postby andy871@.....com » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I have an issue with a 3rs party virtuemart shopping cart module, that doesn't work correctly when in the checkout pages.
I asked a support question at the shopping cart developers website and they say its a jquery conflict with OPC ?

I am not sure how this happens as I also have jqueryeasy plugin installed.

Anyway when in the checkout pages the hover/pop up functions of the cart module just dont work. The dev wrote this;

It is because of the "jquery conflict" that is happening in the shopping cart.
And since you are using a 3rd party extension on shopping cart page, i can't guide you any further to solve that conflict.

Open the "Browser Console" and you will see the "jQuery Conflict error message" there. The shopping cart module (which works based on jQuery) doesn't show up because of that conflict issue. Once the conflict resolved, the module will start working just fine.

my site is here http://staging1.lowenergysupermarket.com/

Any advice help would be appreciated, thanks, andy
andy871@.....com

Re: jquery conflict on checkout pages only

Postby admin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm

hello, i checked your site and i do indeed see many problems, but i do not think that any is related to OPC:

1. OPC does not use or load jQuery if it's not available or not loaded already
2. if you are using vm2.6.0 and you did not update to vm2.6.6 (or later) there was a bug that caused two libraries of jquery to be loaded

i did not see any sort of error related to javascript problem, so i believe it's not true that you "have a jquery conflict". Secondly, there is no such thing as "jQuery conflict error message"

OK, now i found one - please disable "chosen" jQuery within Virtuemart javascript configuration.

1. Caching -> Your issues seems to be caused most probably by improper caching - some plugin (maybe system - cache) cached the pages and shows improper results. Some themes use the caching and it's hard to find the settings
2. SEF -> sef seems to be completely broken on your site - please disable it (it is not able to translated the cart paths and redirects to the frontpage instead)
3. Your cookie configuration due to using the subdomain may also be the problem (the add to cart fails many times)

I can help you with all the above during the day tommorow. I will need you online and your FTP access.

You also may consider our cart enhancement plugin from here:
http://www.rupostel.com/plg_system_vmcart_update.zip

it fixes lot's of common problems with virtuemart

Best Regards, Stan, RuposTel.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2