Redirected Joomla registration flaws

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Redirected Joomla registration flaws

Postby info@.....cz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello Stan,
I have just a little bug report for you.

In our shops, we have many required fields that any customer has to fill in the checkout process. See this screenshot - all the field with an asterisk (*) is a required field.

For registration outside the cart (not in the checkout process), we use "Presmerovať registráciu Joomly" (Joomla registration redirection) function to get the same fields that are in the cart registration into the registration outside the cart. However, as you can see in this screenshot, most of the obligatory fields doesn't have an asterisk (*) anymore! And there is also a useless "Terms of aggreement" checkbox (I hid it with CSS, but it's still in the code and it makes no sense there).

Could you please update the "Joomla registration redirection" function so that the asterisk will be in every required field (as set in the administration). Removing the checkbox would be also cool, but that's not a big deal.

Thank you!
info@.....cz

Re: Redirected Joomla registration flaws

Postby admin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:58 pm

hello, i am afraid that the virtuemart's registration section is not rendered with opc yet. it only serves the redirect to your either core vm theme or to you modified vm registration theme.

the theme files that render the fields per your registration are located in:

/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_ * .php

or your joomla theme override in:

/templates/your joomla template/html/com_virtuemart/user/edit_ (any).php

Another feature "override virtuemart registration" applies the opc's functions for the registration, but still uses your core or modified joomla theme.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....cz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

Thank you, this is what I needed to know.
info@.....cz

Postby admin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:59 pm

hello, you are welcome. if you decide to use "override virtuemart registration" and you find any issues with:
-- shopper groups per opc's configuration in matters of user fields (eu vat, etc...)
-- optional registration with a checkbox create an account
-- email as username
-- hide display name
-- joomla captchas

or other, let us know. these are all features created for the VM's registration override (not the redirect itself). This opc features can get enabled in opc and the plugin "opc registration" should get enabled as well. Please do lot's of tests if you decide to use this feature.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2