PayPal Express

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

PayPal Express

Postby clairefeirn@.....com » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi

Does anyone have PayPal Express working successfully with OPC that I could have a look at? I'm not sure it is making the checkout process any simpler for my customers but I maybe missing something!

Thanks
Claire
clairefeirn@.....com

Re: PayPal Express

Postby admin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 pm

hello claire, as we spoke over the email, just to close this topic:
- opc should work with the PPL express but there are some logic issues with the express - it's more complex then the classic PPL standard redirect if you are using shipping methods or you require further details from the customer that are not included in PPL by default (examples: display name, phone, etc..)

the express by default does this:
- within the cart click on the express button
- pay with paypal (this only an authorization)
- return to the cart (which most customers don't) and fill in the missing details and choose the shipping
- the PPL express should not be visible any longer and no payment should be available (all should be hidden) -> if customer updates the cart... all gets changed and he has to revisit PPL again
- confirm the order
- the system does a sale request to the ppl which may fail due to many errors such as - cookie corruption, session timeout on your site or ppl site, 2 cent rounding issue when using EU tax modes where the prices are shown with the tax and the tax is calculated from the ROUNDED price incl. tax instead of the UNROUNDED price wihtout tax and many others

the classic standard PPL works
- enter the cart
- fill the address or modify cart
- choose PPL
- confirm order
- redirects to PPL (which does the payment/sale automatically)
- redirects back to the site for the thank you page (where most customer ignore this step or they receive session timeout on your site)

the standard is much more stable agains all the possible issues that you can have with the express checkout logic. The PPL express would be solely ideal for digital products (or fixed shipping) products where the PPL express button would be directly linked from the product pages and not from the checkout page and VM in return would automatically register the users.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2