PayPal radio button active area is too large

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

PayPal radio button active area is too large

Postby mattsson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:36 am

Hello RuposTel,

We are running VirtueMart 2.0.24 and have installed RuposTel One Page Checkout Plugin (OPC) version 1.7.0 dated December 2011. We notice that in the checkout form at our website, the active area around the PayPal button is too big. We looked at the HTML of the form and observed that the HTML label tag for the PayPal button (payment option #2) includes anything we have filled in in the box for "payment description" in the PayPal payment method configuration in VirtueMart. Instead, we think the "payment description" belongs outside the label tag.

Have you seen this problem before? Have you FIXED it in any of the software releases you've made? I don't see the issue mentioned in your download area page's change log (https://www.rupostel.com/component/onep ... =downloads) or in either of your OPC forums. Do you have a patch or a workaround for us?

See the two attached files for further explanations of the issue. One is an annotated screenshot of the page viewed in Firebug. The other is an example of the replacement code we'd like to see.

To see the issue for yourself, visit our website, http://socialthinking.com, put a product in the cart then go to checkout. Or visit this link: http://socialthinking.com/books-product ... ion-detail and midway down, find the lavender box containing a red "Add to Cart" button. Press the button, hit "show cart" then 2/3 down the "shopping cart" page see the PayPal payment area. Note that you can click pretty far away from that PayPal radio button and still affect the button. That is our complaint. We'd rather see just the radio button and the printed words "PayPal" be active, as is done for payment method #1 (Credit Card). Note I'm viewing the page from a USA address, different payment methods may appear depending from where you are visiting, but any time the PayPal payment method is shown I expect you'll be able to view the issue.

Cheers,
Carol
Attachments
paypal-active-revised.jpg
Example of revised HTML, showing "payment description" placed outside of the HTML label tag
paypal-active-revised.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 19932 times
paypal-active-area-screenshot-annotated.jpg
Screenshot of checkout page in Firebug. Marked HTML shows the active area (HTML "label") for the PayPal radio button.
paypal-active-area-screenshot-annotated.jpg (222.04 KiB) Viewed 19932 times
mattsson

Re: PayPal radio button active area is too large

Postby admin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello Carol, you seem to be using a custom modified OPC theme. You may fix the display with CSS changes in your /components/com_onepage/themes/YOUR OPC THEME AS SELECTED AT THE DISPLAY TAB/onepage.css

Right now, it's not possible to change the html structure of the paypal's output because it's not rendered by opc, but by the plugin itself in /plugins/vmpayment/paypal.... which further loads VM's core class /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php which renders the code that you highlighted.

From opc point of view, we do not want to override another VM core file (vmpsplugin.php) to be able to directly alter the output of the plugin's name, description and price, but we can try to override this by comparing the output of the standard VM class and changing it to opc theme - but this is a more complicated approach.

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby mattsson » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Stan,

Thanks a bunch for your answer. To me your answer means "sounds complicated" so I forwarded your answer to our IT department. For various reasons they were not able to reply back, but I do know only one actual customer has complained about the PayPal button, so I think we will not change anything about this feature for now.

Cheers,
Carol
mattsson

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 am

hello carol, yes, it's complicated to change it ourside the virtuemart core because vm does not provide much opportunities to touch this piece of code, but if you are okay with the core modifications, you can follow the files refereced above.

i still believe that most of your issues could be solved with css.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2