Checkout thankyoupage URL

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Checkout thankyoupage URL

Postby yuri@.....it » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 am

I have three methods of payment but at the order confirmation, always generates the same url: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=opc&controller=opc&task=checkout&nosef=1
The order is successful but I need to have different dynamics URL for better tracking.

I already tried to: change the theme; enable/disable tracking; enable/disable 'Theme fix for thank you page'; enable/disable 'Thank you page Append order info'; enable/disable 'plg_vmpayment_opctracking'.
But the URL is always the same!

It's a bug or wrong setting? How to fix this?

Tried on One Page version 2.0.244.130514 and 2.0.246.040614
Config: Joomla! 2.5.19, VM 2.6.0, One Page template:band_box

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Yury
yuri@.....it

Re: Checkout thankyoupage URL

Postby admin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:00 pm

hello Yury, if you'd like to have your own url, i recommend to create a redirect from your /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/order_done.php or your joomla override. The problem with VM in this case is that it's using the same URL for redirect to paypal (when order is pending), for the standard payment method (when order is in user confirmed state) or to show the thank you page upon return from paypal.

What's even worse is that there is not chance within the above thank you file to know what is the actual order status or in which state the order is being when the file is printed. It purely only prints the payment method's output.

therefore if you'd like another page to be shown after return from your payment provider, or for your standard payment method, you may want to modify the "thank you" html which will add the redirect.

OR we could slightly modify the "thank you page article" feature to do a redirect instead of showing the article.

best regards,
stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby dmtvision@.....com » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi!
I have the same issue only I don't care if the order status is pending or confirm.

How can I change this url: "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=opc&controller=opc&task=checkout&nosef=1" to "/thank-you-for-buying"

Please reply.
dmtvision@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:28 pm

hello friends, the answer now is that it's not possible because
1. the URL is the main opc's controller which saves the order data
2. it is not SEF-ed because sh404 and a few other extensions create a new url on each order creation and we prefered stability over a nice SEF-ed URLs

but it can indeed be done and even may help prevent double submission in some way.

what i can implement is:
- upon the order creation "catch" all outputted html from payment methods or other opc features
- store the data within session
- do a redirect to a specific sef URL address

THE QUESTION NOW IS:
- why do you need a /thank-you url ? (SEF is only for robots and not for the stability of your site or your cusomers)
- if the goal is to use GA goal tracking per URL on which GA code is triggered, maybe an iframe for this could solve it:
--- create an article with an iframe as you'd need
--- configure opc to load this article to show it for confirmed orders or similar

as opc can show this article regarless of the URL to which the user returns from the payment gateway, you can trigger the code inside the iframe if you need.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2