Jquery conflicts on checkout page

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Jquery conflicts on checkout page

Postby andy871@.....com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm

When I view the checkout page, with the custom filter module enable, there seems to be some styling errors (I guess from some sort of jquery conflict).
I attached a screenshot and here is a location with this site on a test server. www.mynewsite.me.uk/lowenergy

Just after some advice guidance on this issue & wether it maybe a setting Ive missed somewhere?

jQueryeasy set to use latest 1.8 version
I am using all the latestversions of OPC & Custom Filter Pro Module

Rupostel OPC - 2.0.244.130514
Custom Filter Pro Module - 1.9.8
Joomla - 2.5.20
VM - 2.0.26d
PHP - 5.3.28
Attachments
Screen-Shot-2014-06-04-at-14.52.01.jpg
Screen-Shot-2014-06-04-at-14.52.01.jpg (59.7 KiB) Viewed 11893 times
andy871@.....com

Re: Jquery conflicts on checkout page

Postby admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:35 pm

hello, OPC does not use jquery if jquery is not found and it doesn't load the jquery at all as it's not needed for it to run. We know jquery conflicts are one of the most common issues with the javascript and thus we made our solution jquery independent.

your issues seems to be caused by some CSS conflicts, most probably with the core VM CSS sush as "chosen.css" or similar.

In general there should be no reason to display the custom filters at the checkout page and you may want to disable the module per the cart page:
- create a virtuemart cart menu in joomla (it may even be part of a hidden menu)
- set up the custom filter module not to display the module at the selected cart's menu Itemid

pls see the margin here (it seems to be improperly calculated by CF):

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby andy871@.....com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Stan,

I was just heading back to this post to delete it or mark it solved as I just found that it was caused by CSS in file: components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/chosen.css

Code: Select all
/* overwrite the element.style only necessary for the beez standard template, you may remove it */
div[style]{
    overflow-x: visible !important;
    overflow-y: visible !important;
}

I just removed this and it seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks a lot for replying so fast though and providing such a clear explanation & further ideas/help, which I really appreciate, especially as this whole issue was not being caused by OPC.
This support is what makes OPC, even more special.

I was at JandBeyond over the weekend in Germany and was showing OPC to a couple of other guys who are interested in Virtuemart and hopefully a couple of sales coming your way from it!

Thanks again,
Andy
andy871@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:35 pm

hello Andy, thank you and i really appreciate the references.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2